Feel sad that more people arent willing to give bf a go..

My DH's his boobs :rofl: and says Alex is renting them.

My DH has talked to my boobs and said he can't wait until I stop BFing so he can have them back :haha:
He's too afraid to touch them right now for fear of squirting :rofl:

Mine won't touch them at all during sex. What's weird is I'm actually uncomfortable with him touching them :shrug:

Mine used to suck on my nipples.. now I find that idea completely gross

I didn't know a thing about BF before I got pregnant, my whole family was FF. I heard that my Oma and my mom's sisters tried but gave up after a couple weeks. I am glad that my hubby told me he wanted our DD to be BF as he and all 8 of his siblings were BF and am grateful to him for educating me about it. I have been BF happily for almost 9 months now and am so happy I did not listen to my family when they told me to give up and FF her. It is such a shame that more people aren't being educated about it and are so unwilling to learn and try it for even a day.

It makes me really sad too. I have several friends who I really thought would breastfeed who decided to go straight to formula. I think it does depend a lot on how 'normal' breastfeeding seems to you. Me and my brother were both breastfed and I never really considered not breastfeeding. Whereas many Irish people of my generation were not breastfed so there is no expectation within the family or within the culture that you would breastfeed. It makes me sad that so many people miss out on something so beautiful without realizing it. I don't feel it is my mission to change people's minds but I do tell people that I breastfed until 22 months and that I loved pretty much every minute of it. If people want advice then I am happy to help but if they don't I am not going to force the issue.

It makes me really sad too. I have several friends who I really thought would breastfeed who decided to go straight to formula. I think it does depend a lot on how 'normal' breastfeeding seems to you. Me and my brother were both breastfed and I never really considered not breastfeeding. Whereas many Irish people of my generation were not breastfed so there is no expectation within the family or within the culture that you would breastfeed. It makes me sad that so many people miss out on something so beautiful without realizing it. I don't feel it is my mission to change people's minds but I do tell people that I breastfed until 22 months and that I loved pretty much every minute of it. If people want advice then I am happy to help but if they don't I am not going to force the issue.

Amen, sister! It is amazing how taboo it is here in the US, the thought process over here is that breasts are sexual and for a man's pleasure and doing anything else with them is disgusting. Don't get me wrong, there are times when I don't want my hubby playing with them, he used to suck my nipples, now it just feels kinda weird, physically, not mentally. But we both understand that our DD is first come, first served lol. No one in my family was ever BF for more than a couple weeks.. I'm so glad I didn't listen to my family and I hope to BF honestly until she self weans or I have twins lol..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->