Feel so bad for being so jealous :(

Tigger_lass

TTC #1 for 19mths
Reaction score
Hey

One of the girls who works for me found out she was pregnant yesterday. She's 28, only been with the guy for 4 months and had been saying she was a few days late. We convinced her to test and she got bfp twice! I am so happy for her as she is a lovely girl but I found myself insanely jealous too...so much so that I had to nip off to the loo for a quick cry and a silent scream!

My DH and I have been trying for 17 months - I can't help but feel jealous and wonder why her and not me? I feel so bad for thinking that...

Just had to vent...sorry :(

Txxx

Don't feel bad it's okay to feel this way.. all of us trying to conceive feel like this.. your happy for someone but, at the same time you feel "why not me?" I am at the point I hate to even talk about or see pregnant women :( God forgive me but, It is so upsetting :( We will have our day... we just have to.

I am so glad that it's not just me then x

Literally just had a row on the phone with my mum over it. She basically said if it's not meant to be it's not and I just have to accept it!! I told her that's ok for her to say as she's had two kids and it's always people who've had kids who make statements like that. She accused me of being a little touchy....and she wonders why?? Suffice to say the phone call ended abruptly....

Maybe I am touchy. Maybe my mum should be supporting me and not being her usual critical self. Why does this have to be so hard? :cry:

Txxx

Tracey Hun feeling exactly the same:( did smep this month was soo excited! Testing today and got a text from my brother last night saying his girlfriends pregnant again! Felt like I'd been kicked in the stomach their little one is only 11 months and he has two kids from a previous marriage no job living in my mums house etc... I feel soo angry and know I shouldnt but why not us? We are engaged so in love got a lovely four bed house in the country good jobs blah blah blah lol omg I could go on but anyhow tested this morning and as usual :bfn:!!!!

But you know what? I was about to text my best friend about how unfair life is and then I remembered that she is spending her second Christmas without her bf as he was killed in an accident:( put shit into perspective for me, I have a chance of a baby just gotta wait for it to happen but most of all enjoy and cherish what we have as lots of people have a lot less. Needed to rant but also needed to remember life can be bad but others have it a lot worse:( Tracey are time will come and when it does we will cherish it so much more xxx

:babydust:

Tigger_Lass, I sympathise. I met one of my good friends for lunch last Monday and she announced she is 9 weeks pregnant :wacko: She already has a gorgeous little girl who is not yet 2. She only came off the pill July this year, conceived immediately but had an early mc, so that is sad. But then conceived immediately again following this and now 9 weeks gone.

We've been trying properly since March and I haven't been on the pill or any birth control for about 6 years! Have regular cycles of about 31-34 days or so, no period problems etc. But I am 36! So I know my age is against me. But my friend is 32 and I have a friend in New Zealand who conceived first month of trying when she was 35 :growlmad:

Convinced there has to be something wrong with either me or OH as I would surely be pregnant by now if not. Going to docs in new year x

Hey Lisa

You are sooo right about life putting things into perspective. One of my friend's mother-in-law died tonight...so sad for her :cry:

I think I'm just extra hormonal as AF is due or even a tiny bit late (I'm usually 28-30 days). I'm not even considering testing as we only BD'd on CD9 and CD23 & CD24 this month (due to me being away in Stockport for 2 weeks with work). I'm now on CD30 and feel like the witch is imminent in her arrival.

Txxx

Yeah that's me to a bloody hormonal mess:( just don't know what to do next bloody tried everything. Oh god I just wanna have sex cause I want to not because I have to! I want to pick out the nursery furniture I wanna tell my friends and family I'm pregnant cuase I know they would be so happy for me, I want to pick names with my oh have him rub my tummy and talk to his lo. Aarrrgggghhhh driving me freaking crazy!!!!!!

Sorry tracey might of lost it for a brief second lol

lol...but doesn't it feel good to just let it all out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah hun- so sorry AF got you... I know how frustrating it is! I almost want to cry for each woman I see that had the witch arrive cause I know the pain!!! But it certainly does feel better after you let it all out!!! Nothing wrong with that... and for sure we all have those "jealous" moments- lol. It's only natural when your TTC and you see all these prego woman walking around! haha. I've always felt SO happy for my close friends/family when they conceive- they are amazing and so so deserving... but of course it makes me long for the day I can tell them all I'm finally prego! Cause I know they would all be just as happy for me ;)

I'm trying to get back to basics this month. To remember how it felt when we first started and it was all so fresh and fun and exciting! lol. I know I may not get exactly back there... but I'm gonna do my best!!!

Keep the PMA and know this WILL happen for us as well, and when it does, all will have been worth it!!!! Best of luck!!

I always love to read your posts Seoj, you have such positivity. I envy that. I'm normally a very positive person about everything else in life but I'm sooo pessimistic about ttc :wacko:

I always love to read your posts Seoj, you have such positivity. I envy that. I'm normally a very positive person about everything else in life but I'm sooo pessimistic about ttc :wacko:

Ah, thanks Nat!! I certainly appreciate your words... trust me, I'm not all 'after school special' 100% of the time... LOL... but I do my best! I just know, in my gut, that I'm meant to have a little one from scratch... it just may take longer than I'd like. But in life, sometimes the best things are worth the wait :) My hubby certainly was- and I waited a long arss time for him to find me!!! LOL.

If your positive about other aspects of life- then it will spill over to TTC. I think it's the uncertainty of it all and not having control that makes it that much more frustrating at times. But having this site to vent, question and advise really does help.

fyi- not sure this helps, but when I do start to have rough moments, as we all do, I do something silly to help boost my PMA. Like get a pregnancy spell (done that!) or remind myself this COULD be my month or say a little pray to the universe to help me through these times and bring my lil bean when she/he is ready... I know it's pretty crazy, but whatever helps keep your mind at ease and give you some faith is certainly worth a try!

Sending you loads of good ju ju hun!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->