Feel so Guilty

lauren-kate

Reaction score
Last night, I was carrying Ryan upstairs for his bath and caught his head on the bookshelf as I turned to the door. He was screaming for 20 minutes and we had to call an ambulance out just to be on the safe side. They took us into hospital to get it checked out by a dr and luckily he said that it was fine, and that Ryan would probably put me through this worry hundreds more times. As soon as it happened, I couldn't stop crying and I couldn't even talk. I felt absolutely sick with worry. All I keep thinking is 'I hurt him'. I know I'll probably feel bad when he falls over/falls out a tree/hurts himself/etc but it's just that 'I' did this :( I know I didn't mean to and that he's fine, but it doesn't make me feel any better. x

Oh sweetie :hugs:

Accidents like this will happen to us all!

My OH banged Caitlins head other week - he told me a week later ha! Luckily it wasn't too hard and she just cried at him for 60 seconds then was all smilies :D But I'm sure its not going to be like that all the time.

Glad lil man is ok :hugs: x Give him cuddles they will make you both feel better x

Every time I see the mark on his head, my heart just sinks and I feel bad all over again. x

you are so not on your own for this one...i have 5 children and have had accidents like this with everyone...we are all human after all...even adults lose concentration in the rush of things...and obviously the more upset and concerned the babby sees you are the more distressed they become...

my toddler is now 2 1/2 yrs and when he has little bumps...i pick him up give him a big kiss where he hurt himself and then say whos a silly monkey in my silly voice...he then rubs the injured area and walks away without a tear...

dont feel guilty its happened to us all...!

Oh you are def to on your own. I almost knocked my lil girls head on her pumpkin seat and just the thought of it alone had me in tears! You and lil one will be fine hun, don't start thinking that you're a bad mum!

:hugs: hope your feeling calmer today Lauren

Yes thanks, I feel better today. Saw Ryan's dad last night and he reassured me that he doesn't think I did anything wrong and that it wasn't my fault, and gave me a hug. I was kind of worried that he'd shout at me or something. Ryan's ok too, thought he'd bruise but there's just a little red graze - he needs to grow some hair and cover it up! x

Oh hun you really shouldn't beat yourself up. You will have a few more incidents like that over the years, accidents haapen :)

If it makes you feel like you're not alone here's a few of my past incidents. When my eldest daughter Katie who is now 8 was about 1 I think, her Dad was doing the little throw in the air, katie laughs, next time throws her a little higher, katie laughs ..... then he threw her a bit higher and forgot he was underneath the arch in my mums living room and she really clonked her head on the arch :( She cried for about 2 mins and then forgot about it. He felt really bad for ages but when I mentioned it to him the other day (cause I blamed her silly question on him hitting her head, in jest of course) he couldn't even remember doing it. More recently, Katie again, poor girl! I answered the door to a delivery guy, made idol chit chat and signed for my parcel. I shut the door and turned around, didn't realise she was RIGHT behind me and I knocked her down to the ground really hard.

We all have accidents hun, don't feel bad :)
Naimi xx

gosh I can feel with u :hugs:

as I am looking out for Juleikas nails to be short nowadays, as she started to suck her fingers, I cut her nails with a clipper the other day and squeezed a little bit of her skin on her thumb! she didn't even cry, just grimaced, but boy did I feel guilty!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->