Feel so lousy, any advice?

MrsVenn

Reaction score
Hey, this is my 2nd pregnancy and am currently 10+3. A few weeks ago I had MS but it went and I felt wonderful for the past 2 weeks. Last night, it came back with avengance and all through the night and today. I've spoken to my Mum who had HG when expecting me and she thinks it sounds similar. With DD, I had no symptoms!

So today I've drunk 1/2 bottle of lemonade and not managed anything to eat. I had 3 bites of pizza and it came straight back. I'm shattered and nauseous and tearful and just feel useless.. because I had no energy to get up earlier, DD fell down the stairs :cry: thankfully she's ok.

But can people give me their tips? My Mum said nothing worked apart from brandy :wacko: but maybe to try crackers and marmite which I'm going to do tomorrow. Anything else? I work 4 days a week in a mngt role so need to be on my toes and at the moment just want to stay in bed.

Also I have chronic heartburn as my hiatus hernia is now playing up, can we take Andrews?

Help, a tearful 2nd time to be Mum.

My sympathies! I have bad nausea but I can keep some food and drink down.
Firstly, if you throw everything up for more than a day, you may have to go to emergency to get an IV and get rehydrated.
You can ask your doctor for a prescription, there are some safe anti-nausea meds for pregnancy (diclectin is one) that should help. Vitamin B6 can also help.
I can drink ginger ale (with lots of ice and a straw), iced tea (again lots of ice to water it down). Crackers, toast, cold green grapes, potato chips, plums.... hard candies (fruit or mint), ginger chews, sometimes cheerios.
Try to find some bland dry food that sounds OK, and take it slow.
Hope that it doesn't last :( Don't be afraid to take some sick leave if you need it.

Sorry your feel in so sick. Talk to your doctor about it if it is that bad it might be better for you to take medication for the sickness over getting dehydrated. As for the heartburn I also ave a hernia and it is quite bad without being pregnant impossible during pregnancy so there is no way I could get trough them without medication. I took Prilosec which is omeprazole with all of DD pregnancy and am taking it with this one. There are no known side effects and DD seems just fine. I am not familiar with Andrews as I am not from the UK but ask your doctor there are many medications that are safe to manage the heartburn. Hope you start feeling better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->