Feel the need to vent

teamandy

Reaction score
I apologize if all I've been doing are posting depressing posts as of late!

Today I hit an all-time low when I got on the scale. I'm at 20 pounds weight gain. I started at 113lb and I'm 5'2. I'm currently 27.5 weeks.

I don't know how to stop feeling worried that I'll never get back to my active self and regular weight again. I'm tired of being all sluggish and mopey and people not understanding (except when I come on here) They're just like, "oh you're carrying a baby its normal". I feel like I've lost myself:(

Its really hard seeing my husband go about his regular life (watching sports, going out with friends, eating normally, getting high and sleeping comfortably) while I'm just this uncomfortable growing blob.

I feel like my complaints are getting old too:(

How do you keep your head up! I seriously need some advice, even cheesy lines like "The sun will come out, tomorrow".

Help:(

I've gained 60lbs. I felt the same as you for most of my pregnancy, but now I have honestly just accepted that this is how my body needs to prepare and keep my baby safe and healthy. It's all in my belly and butt anyway, and I keep telling myself that it is ABSOLUTELY possible to lose most of it again. Same goes for you! Especially if you're an active person! I just look at this as an opportunity to eat anything and everything I want because, really, once I hit 200lbs the game was over anyway lol!

:hugs:

Baby is worth it! That's all I can say. I was in your position almost exactly 12 years ago. I was (what I thought of as huge) with ds#1. I was barely 20 years old and weight 95lbs pre pregnancy. It was hard to let go and be happy about the weight gain and lack of motivation and watching dh continue on in what ibthought of as 'our' lifestyle without me. BUT the minute that baby was placed in my hands it was all worth it!! I NEVER got back to pre pregnancy weight but I also found out that I was happier staying at a healthy 125-135. I had more curves, bigger boobs (lol!!) and just felt healthier. I didn't. Realize how under weight was until looking back at pictures I saw how skinny (too skinny, a stick) I was all around. I felt so much better about my self after baby (not immediately mind you, it took time). But its not your life anymore and that's a good thing. You will now have a beautiful baby that depends on you to survive. For me, everything I did after was for the good of my son and I loved every minute of it! On baby #3 now and I'm finally getting a girl!!
good luck. And hang in there. Its great to have those little eyes look at you with such love and admiration, it does truly melt your heart!!

20lbs really isn't bad at this point. As long as you are eating well, that's what matters. I know it's hard seeing that number go up on the scale, but it's definitely worth it in the end. And being an active person before pregnancy, you have a very good chance of losing it fairly quickly. I can't compare my own situation to you, as I was plus sized before pregnancy. But my sister is about your size. She's gained about 30-40 lbs with each of her 3 pregnancies, and has lost it after each one. In fact, after her 2nd she got down smaller than her pre-pregnancy weight. She's actually in better shape now at 33 with 3 kids than she was in her late teens-early twenties.
And here is something else that might make you feel better. Where all that weight actually ends up at the end of a pregnancy!(I know it makes me feel great!)
•7 1/2 pounds is about how much the baby will weigh by the end of pregnancy.
•1 1/2 pounds is how much the placenta weighs.
•4 pounds is attributed to increased fluid volume.
•2 pounds is the weight of the uterus.
•2 pounds is the weight of breast tissue.
•4 pounds is because of increased blood volume.
•7 pounds is attributed to maternal stores of fat, protein and other nutrients.
•2 pounds for the amniotic fluid.
•Total: 30 pounds

Believe me when.your.running around after your baby even as a new born u will.be burning fat no.end. I was so.obsessed about.weight gain a got a big.talking to in my last trimester about not putting enough on and trouble with keytones and protein in urine. Enjoy last bit of your pregnancy u will miss it so much when it's over. Obviously you.will.have a baby t keep you busy but I miss my bump now two years on. Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy and enjoy your baby all to your self.

I am a FTM, can totally relate. Pre-preg I was a similar size as you, 5'4", 115. I'm 31 weeks and have gained 20 lbs as well. A fact that I felt was even more depressing because my doc told me she only wanted me to gain 22 pounds overall because I was "so small to start". Moreover, every time I see her whenever I "complain" about my hips hurting or my back she attributes it to the fact that I've "gained a lot already".

Mind you, I eat super healthy with only small indulgences here and there. I'm still working full time and I exercise 30 minutes a day! I finally decided, f it, its not worth it to worry, and my doc is a total bitch for giving me anxiety! Your body will put on what you need to put on for the LO. Now isn't the time to worry about weight gain or weight loss - we can worry about that after!

And by the charts and things online, I'll add - totally normal. You're still good to be in the average weight gain range. :hugs: don't worry about it, love! Enjoy your pregnancy! Your dh may be doing the things you guys used to, but you will be able to again, and he will never be able to say that he grew a human being inside him! Xo

I'm 5'10" and naturally slim but I have put on around 20lb too. So it seems like a pretty average amount of weight to gain. Also, it sounds like you are thinking of it as all fat but as someone before me said, it is made up of lots of different things.
I totally understand about OH carrying on as normal though. Mine is still going out at weekends, drinking, eating what he wants and although I don't expect him to not do these things, I do find increasingly that I resent it! Again, I think this is a pretty common feeling during pregnancy.
I have made a deal with my OH... When I am three weeks from due date, he will stop drinking and won't go too far away from home at the weekends. That ha safe me feel a bit better about things.

And remember.... It will all be worth it in the end when you have your little bundle of joy in your arms :) That little thing won't care a bit how much extra weight you're carrying and you'll be so in love that you won't even notice what your OH is doing!

Thank you so much for all your responses. It means so much that I have this board of moms to vent to and you ladies will actually understand!

:hugs:

I remember being so worried with dd1 about the same thing. I was 114 lbs to start. At my last appt before induction (2weeks overdue) I weighed in at a whopping 211 lbs. My aunt is an OB DR. And I remember asking her if I will ever go back to my previous weight. And she assured me it is not impossible. And I did get back to my normal weight. Then 5 years later I was pregnant again with dd2. Again , unbelievably I weighed in at 211 AGAIN at my last appt before Labour. And again I went back to my previous weight. I plan to do the same this time too.

I am a FTM, can totally relate. Pre-preg I was a similar size as you, 5'4", 115. I'm 31 weeks and have gained 20 lbs as well. A fact that I felt was even more depressing because my doc told me she only wanted me to gain 22 pounds overall because I was "so small to start". Moreover, every time I see her whenever I "complain" about my hips hurting or my back she attributes it to the fact that I've "gained a lot already".

Mind you, I eat super healthy with only small indulgences here and there. I'm still working full time and I exercise 30 minutes a day! I finally decided, f it, its not worth it to worry, and my doc is a total bitch for giving me anxiety! Your body will put on what you need to put on for the LO. Now isn't the time to worry about weight gain or weight loss - we can worry about that after!

And by the charts and things online, I'll add - totally normal. You're still good to be in the average weight gain range. :hugs: don't worry about it, love! Enjoy your pregnancy! Your dh may be doing the things you guys used to, but you will be able to again, and he will never be able to say that he grew a human being inside him! Xo

I am so sorry that your doc treated you that way!!!!! What an unprofessional twit! 20 lbs is great! I gained almost 100lbs with my first and second and my doc never said a derogatory word about it. Youre doing great!!! Just sayin!

I started at 115 and have gained 31 pounds. I'm a little taller than you, 5'9. Still, my husband has been working out and has lost 25 pounds while I've gained. Lol that's difficult. But I gained 45 with my son and was back in a size zero by 3 months pp, so I'm not worried about the weight gain. The stretch marks suck though. I haven't got any on my belly but my booty blew up so they are on there. Lol

I am so sorry that your doc treated you that way!!!!! What an unprofessional twit! 20 lbs is great! I gained almost 100lbs with my first and second and my doc never said a derogatory word about it. Youre doing great!!! Just sayin!

:hugs: Thanks! I really hate her. DH thinks I should switch docs, and I probably should. So amazing that you were able to lose that weight! I think our bodies do what they need to do for the LO.

I'd rather have a healthy baby than obsess about everything I put in my mouth!

I'm so glad you have the view that your body will gain what ever it needs to provide for your lo. I wish I had that realisation when I was pregnant
It took until after my lb was born and longer still to not care what ppl said and thought about how much weight I gained. I complete stranger commented at the amount of weight I gained. I gained 26lbs in total and lost all but 5lbs. Now I'm around pre pregnancy weight two years on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->