Feeling a bit deflated!

SoBroody91

Reaction score
Okay so I was all excited about changing my ticker, TTC February 2014.
Turns out OH didn't mean this, and I got the wrong end of the stick :(

I spoke to him about it and he said ok, we'll once we save some money (3k ish for mat leave) then we can NTNP

We've got a family holiday booked for end of Jan, which I thought would be a nice trip before TTC.

We all met up tonight, and OHs Dad is planning a trip to Florida with all of us in early 2015, and we just have pay flights/spending money. Which is a really amazing thing for him to do, and I'm really great full, but now OH is saying well we need money for this holiday, so then need to save on top of that, therefore we won't be TTC until after the next holiday :(

I thought we'd got so close to a date, but now it's all changed and feels like forever away. Personally I'd rather not go on holiday, as lovely as it would be because I really want to be TTC!!

Sorry for the long rant, OH just doesn't get it!

Ohhhh I can imagine the disappointment, after feeling so close. The holiday does sound AMAZING though, and maybe you can think about it like a last travel hurrah before you settle down with kids!

I know it'll be amazing and we'll always remember it. Plus OH has always wanted to go, guess I'll just be moping around here for a while longer!

Just think - DISNEYWORLD!! You could start TTC there ;)

Or Universal Studios.... Cape Canaveral... the Florida Keys...

Aww that's gotta suck. I hate getting your hopes up and then plans change :-(

I'm sorry to hear that :( mabe just use this as your last vacation kid free! Have fun and enjoy yourself!

Similar thing happened to me yesterday!! Thought we were ttc in May 2014... now its Jan 15.

I have been waiting till after my orlando holiday to TTC! But is a bit closer April/may 2014
I really can't wait for this holiday as it is my favourite destination! We went the past few years and had an amazing time! And even though I love it so much sometimes I feel like sacking it off for TTC but that's just not plausible after all the money we have paid out.. Think about all the amazing shopping out there, I'm hopefully going to pick up our first few baby things there!

That is a big difference in time. Even though it's really nice that you get to go to Florida, I would sit down your OH for a serious talk and to set a date. It's important that he understands he can't keep postponing TTC. There will always be something to save for.

I know how you feel. We were waiting until after it holiday of a life time and that was hard but I accepted it as a final hurrah....then we had to delay another year. Gutted. So I'm here till 2015. One year isn't that long though really.

I understand as I went through the same sort of thing a few months ago and was so upset but once the reality kicked in I settled and am willing to wait for several reasons. I know its hard but as the others said think of it as a last blow out before settling down :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->