Feeling a bit lost again!

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
Were well established onto mashed/lumpy foods and into alot of finger foods now aswell (makes for a more peaceful mealtime lol)
But i cant help sitting here feeling like im lost in this again!

I can make foods for Alex and experiment, but it the finger foods im stuck with, i know i can make those too but what about stuff i can buy from the shop. How do i know if i can feed Alex it or not, how do i know if its even slightly healthy or not?

liie i said, soooo lost :dohh:

My relationshiip with food is rubbish, i know nothing which is probably why im feeling like this but i know id like Alex to eat better than i do.

I don't give any ready prepared food to Ruby at all...if you look at the labels, you can see how much salt and sugar is in stuff and as babies under a year can only have 1g of salt a day, that limits you! :)

Unfortunatley i dont have the time to make everything though, there must be something surely? Even just to be well informed of food labels must help? (im slowly learning)

When we are out and about if I want to give G something and I forgot to bring anything I usually buy a small pack of prepared fruit. You can usually get mango, melon & pineapple cut in strips. Once he's mastered them a bit better bananas will be a cheaper option.

An easy take along is plain ricecakes with a dairylea triangle which I spread using a small plastic spoon just before he gets them

I give Sam bits of fruit and veg or sometimes he has breadsticks or organix carrot sticks. Organix also do sweetcorn rings and some others but i can't remember what they are! The carrot sticks look like big cheesy wotsits to me but Sam loves them!

I've been thinking about this today! I was in the supermarket earlier and saw that fish fingers are actually not too bad salt wise. They'd be a good finger food.

I have some aswell :D

There surely has to be some stuff out there but its just a case of knowing the portions and putting it with the right things.

Yep, at first I never worried about giving Ruby a few ready made foods but that was when she ate practically nothing. Now when I look at the packet to check salt etc it means a bit more to me cos I know how much she'd likely eat. Like with the fish fingers, I'd only give one, as it has a quarter of her salt allowance.

I do batches of stuff for the freezer. I made my own chicken nugget type things and they cook from frozen in 10 mins, v convenient!

Just watch the salt!
I watched a report on the news the other night, stating how baby foods surprisingly have huge amounts of sodium in a lot of them! Especially the meals, so you're better off doing stuff on your own!
What about pastas? They're easy enough to make, and you can make a few days worth and just run it under really hot water when you want to use it to bring it back to life!
We do bagels with Grady now! He loves bagels with some cream cheese!

I don't have any advice as I feel the same as you hun, just wanted you to know that you're not alone! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->