Feeling a bit worried.

AlliW1013

Reaction score
So I've recently started feeling movement and kicks from my baby (can definitely tell it's kicking, since he's been kicking so hard you can feel it outside my stomach a little), but recently he's been kicking less and it's been starting to worry me. Is it normal to have active and inactive periods this early or should it be something I should be worrying about?

How far along are you? I think there are definitely active and inactive periods (well that was my experience with previous baby), that being said if you've noticed a change I would let someone know. I think they say as a general rule you should feel at least 10 kicks a day, but that's once baby been moving frequently already (say passed 18-20 weeks).

Completely normal at this point. At 19 weeks you won't feel consistent movement. I'm almost 27 weeks and just started noticing a pattern with the baby's movement over the past couple of weeks. And even still there are less active days. Depending on where your placenta is, some movements you may not even feel. My placenta is right in the front and I never felt movement here. I've only felt baby's kicks from the sides or very low. I wouldn't worry right now:)

its normal we are only to start tracking movements from 28 weeks .. right now your baby has lots of space to move around in ...

I think it's normal too. I started feeling the baby 4 weeks ago at 17 weeks. Since then, there are days where the baby will have long periods of constant movement 5-7 times a day, and other days where I just feel a kick or two, or three :) The difference is that the movements definitely feel stronger and more distinct (no matter the frequency) as the weeks pass though.
I recently had my 20wk scan and all seemed fine. I'm sure your baby is doing well too! :hug:

I've read that you don't need to/shouldn't start kick counting before 28 weeks because movement is sporadic and not always felt before then.

I've been wondering about this too. I've felt clear (but light) movements a few times now, but I will go days between them. I'm still so early but it's hard not to worry. I felt early movement with both of my other pregnancies... I just can't remember when the movements became regular as the pregnancies were 13 and 8 years ago. lol

I'm trying to tell myself that in the early days (and 19 weeks is still pretty early) there is a lot more room for the baby to move around and potentially put themselves in a position where their movements aren't felt as easily. Hopefully this is the case for you, and you will start feeling more regular movements within the next few weeks. :hugs:

If you're worried just drink some orange juice! It gives them hyper spurts.
I do this when i havent felt much or anything in a while. It definitely makes me feel a lot better.

It's normal for there to be days of less movements this early on.. You can still wake them up by eating/drinking certain things tho :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->