Feeling better about yourself in the last weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Arcanegirl, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Ive not really felt miserable about my appearance, ive quite enjoyed the pg look, though i felt like getting something for myself for my own issues.
    So ive treated myself to a redo with my hair colour and some makeup :D (i dont normally wear makeup)

Are yous doing anything for yourselves for the last few weeks?

2. NoSpringChick

NoSpringChick Well-Known Member

I've thought about this I just don't know what.
    My roots havnt been done and cant be done till baby is born so hair is out of the question and I know that's getting to me a bit.
    I did fancy maybe a meal or something before baby is born, or a day trip somewhere if my parents feel up to taking us out.
    Then I saw fire's pics and think wow, some of you must be feeling so good and sexy- I just feel like poop mostly. I cant even reach my toenails to paint them.

I dont know what to do FOR ME!

3. leeanne

leeanne Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2

Good for you AG!

Throughout my pregnancies, I truly didn't feel great about myself one bit, especially the last 4 months of it. With Chase, I think I was addicted to buying makeup and none of it cheered me up. :rofl:

4. Dukechick

Dukechick Wife & proud Mom of 2

I've gone for more pedicures in the last few months then I ever have in my entire life!! Now, I NEED them, cuz I can't reach my own toes, but it's good to have someone else do it!
    I do my own roots, so that's not really out of the ordinary.
    DH and I are going down to L.A. tomorrow for a few days. A quick little vacation before baby comes!! I can only fly for a few more weeks, so we're gonna try to get into the Tonight Show to see Jay Leno before he's done. Gonna try to see Ellen too, but I heard it's really hard to see her.
    I'd like to get a microdermabrasia (sp) done soon too, but we'll see!!

5. buzzy

buzzy Well-Known Member

That's great to pamper yourself!!
    I wanted to have my highlights redone or a perm, but my hairdresser won't do it. He said that the pregnancy hormones will prevent colour or perm from taking properly and I could be disappointed. So I opted for a cut and blow-dry!

I also had my legs, bikini line, eyebrows and underarms waxed the other day so am hoping my baby arrives before I get too hairy again:rofl:

6. 2nd time mum

2nd time mum Well-Known Member

I really need to get my hair done! I haven't had it done since just before I found out I was pregnant. My hairdresser had said that it is fine to get it done, just to avoid 1st tri. Anybody else different advice about getting hair coloured?

If I don't get mine done soon the other mums on the ward will think I am a granny visiting by the time I have baby!!xx

7. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I had a good haircut the week before last, spent a lot more on it than I normally do, ive also spent a lot on lotions and potions too as I find it really relaxing to put them all on after my daily bath, I gave up on make-up a few weeks back which is very out of character for me, I just look so deformed now that i cant be bothered! I'm officially hybenating till its all over :lol: xx

8. dizzy duck

dizzy duck Mummy to Oliver

Due to having a planned c section, we are planning on going away for a couple of days and then the day before going out for a meal together. Im planning on getting my hair done in the next couple of weeks as it has got too long and is driving me up the wall :rofl:, I think its great to pamper ourselves just before our babies are born, take care:hugs: XX

9. Kimboowee

Kimboowee Complete

I've been making sure when i do go out to meet friends or family that i get ready properly. You know, blow drying hair nice, getting new make up. Not going to ott on clothes but i'll dress for the occassion, still feel a bit shitty sometimes but been getting lots of compliments. I stopped making myself look nice in n1st/2nd tri cos i felt so crap but now im feeling better i make more of an effort and it defo lifts my mood!

10. Monkeh

Monkeh Dexter's Mummy

I really need a haircut. I hadn't realised how much my hair had grown. It's halfway down my back now :shock:

I was thinking of getting some sort of colour put through it too, but then I don't know, cause I don't want to get something done I'll have to maintain after the birth. Doubt I'll have time for hairdresser appointments. :shrug:

11. Taurustot09

Taurustot09 Well-Known Member

ive just had a good haircut, ive naturally thick curly hair and grows outwards and wild at times, so had it layered yesterday and thined a bit, feel so much lighter :) think its good to do something nice for us in the last few weeks :)