Feeling BLAH

Nat 1976

Reaction score
Hi , iam fairly new to this site, still finding my way around!

I am just having one of those BLAH days, getting fed up with the whole TTC issue. Hubby bless him is so supportive and positive about everything, but some times it drives me mad, the poor man cant do anything right :wacko:

Iam 35 and today is CD7 of 26 day cylcle, iam using a CBFM for the second month, but also awaiting a Lap & Dye test but starting to feel like just giving up on trying.

After 2.5 years of TTC and a miscarriage at 12 wks iam starting feel like there must be something wrong with me..... maybe we should just go on the luxury holiday/honeymoon we put on hold to start TTC. :shrug:

Iam sure tomorrow i will be in a better mood ..... sorry for moaning on here but friends and hubby dont really understand what its like!!

XXX

Hi , iam fairly new to this site, still finding my way around!

I am just having one of those BLAH days, getting fed up with the whole TTC issue. Hubby bless him is so supportive and positive about everything, but some times it drives me mad, the poor man cant do anything right :wacko:

Iam 35 and today is CD7 of 26 day cylcle, iam using a CBFM for the second month, but also awaiting a Lap & Dye test but starting to feel like just giving up on trying.

After 2.5 years of TTC and a miscarriage at 12 wks iam starting feel like there must be something wrong with me..... maybe we should just go on the luxury holiday/honeymoon we put on hold to start TTC. :shrug:

Iam sure tomorrow i will be in a better mood ..... sorry for moaning on here but friends and hubby dont really understand what its like!!

XXX

thats what this site is for having a vent to people who understand what you are going thru i was trying for yr got preg last june sadly mmc in aug,so we all understand sometimes i would like to stand on the roof and scream at the top of my lungs,those mums out there who batter and neglect kids,if there is a god he is a biit of a prat is all i can say.. good luck ttc hopefully get BFP soon x

Hi Nat, Readytogive up,
I think that both of you must have read my mind! I just came on to post that I have just about lost all hope. I am 41 and ttc no 2 - now into my 27th cycle - af arrived yesterday bang on cue. I am so down about it all. WE have a clinic appt (NHS) in a couple of weeks but I honestly wonder what they are going to do about it all. I even just looked at the stats to see the success rates for iui and ivf for our age range and they're awful :(

We seemed to conceive our son fairly quickly (when I was 32) but this time around we've had nothing. Like you Nat I also think there must be something wrong with me. Had some bloods done and hubby has had SA done and it all seems fine (perhaps a little low morphology at 8% but thats debatable). I seem to ov every month, have regular cycles, no endo, take prenatal vits - what else can I do??? I stopped opks and charting a while back as it was driving me insane and I pretty much know my cycle now.
Why isn't it happening??!!!

Does anyone know of anything else I could try?
Also, does anyone know anyone who's had success after this long ttc?

Thanks for reading xxx

Hi Nat, Readytogive up,
I think that both of you must have read my mind! I just came on to post that I have just about lost all hope. I am 41 and ttc no 2 - now into my 27th cycle - af arrived yesterday bang on cue. I am so down about it all. WE have a clinic appt (NHS) in a couple of weeks but I honestly wonder what they are going to do about it all. I even just looked at the stats to see the success rates for iui and ivf for our age range and they're awful :(

We seemed to conceive our son fairly quickly (when I was 32) but this time around we've had nothing. Like you Nat I also think there must be something wrong with me. Had some bloods done and hubby has had SA done and it all seems fine (perhaps a little low morphology at 8% but thats debatable). I seem to ov every month, have regular cycles, no endo, take prenatal vits - what else can I do??? I stopped opks and charting a while back as it was driving me insane and I pretty much know my cycle now.
Why isn't it happening??!!!

Does anyone know of anything else I could try?
Also, does anyone know anyone who's had success after this long ttc?

Thanks for reading xxx
hi minno my name is sarah i am 44 so it is a race against time for us,but had my 4 yr old at 40 if that helps,stupid thing was we were ntnp at that time cos we were getting married in few months,typically caught 2nd month ttc cos it wasnt that important, this time tried for a yr got preg on my final months try,was going to give up,sadly ended mmc in aug since then like woman possessed now have cbfm and this month added softcups. seeing gynae doc mext month but not holding hope cos our cut off point is july again that wud make it 2yrs of peein on and squintin at sticks. i think wud go blind or mad eventually, god its bad isnt it ? :hugs: x

Hi Minno!

Thanks for responding! nice to know iam not the only one that feels like this, although "nice" is probably not the right word.

When we first started trying i fell in the 2nd month. Strangly i never felt comfortable with it, as if i just new something was not right, and then i Mis- carried.

So i stopped smoking (after starting again following MC), changed my diet, take supplements, i dont drink , excericise lightly, and pee on every stick that tells me when to go for it etc etc and still nothing:shrug: What more can we do.... oh i also shove a pillow under my butt after BD and stay there for at least 30mins LOL

Had my bloods tested and hormones levels etc are all fine and hubby's tests were at normal levels. So my Dr sent us to see FS who has recommend i have a Lap & Dye which iam part excited about but also dreading as iam convinced iam gonna get bad news after it.

I hope one of us gets some good news soon...... X

It's ok, we all have those days and we are here to listen! check out the 35+ ttc #1 thread, the ladies there rock

Hi Sarah,Hi Nat, I'm Kate nice to 'meet ' u both . KNow exactly what you mean Sarah in the feeling of it all being a race against time. Thanks so much for letting me know about your pg at 40 - that is reassuring. So so sorry to hear about your loss as well. That must be so very hard.

I haven't had even a sniff of a line in 27 cycles. The only weird thing I did have was last July when I was 2 weeks late (I am never late) and then af arrived but extremely heavy and lots of tissue passed - never had a bfp though so just put it down to heavy period but now I wonder if it was an early mc that just never implanted.

Can't bring myself to put a cut-off date on things but I am driving myself insane with all the waiting and the disappointment. And to top it all everyone and their dog is getting pregnant all around me arrghhhhhh

Nat, it sounds like the lap and dye will be a really informative thing to have done. Know what you mean though about wondering what the results will bring. I think I'm gonna push for an hsg at our clinic appt as I have managed to convince myself that my tubes are blocked! I had a c-section with my first and I wonder if it could lead to blocked tubes - no evidence of course, just trying to make sense of why its taking so long. I also put a pillow under my bum and last month took to putting my legs up agains the wall WTF!! lol guess I am pretty desperate. I'll try anything. Never tried the softcups Sarah - would you recommend? Also never tried preseed - what do you lovely ladies think?

Thanks for your kind words futuremommie - honestly, just do not know what I would do without you ladies :) xxxx

Also Nat - so sorry to hear about your early mc - it just sucks doesn't it!

Ive tried Preseed Kate but to be honest i found it a bit too well..... slippery :blush: and my husband didnt like it either. But i have seen that other people really rate it, so i would give it a try, try everything!!! And as for a cut off date...... why set one so long as you are healthy why give up!!

Lap & dye will also tell me if i have blocked tubes, thats what the dye does, and while they are in there prodding around they re-move anything that should not be be there (if possible) like fibroids, small cysts and some endo if you have any!!! still unsure about the whole thing, but at least i will know once and for all.

Iam sat at work and today is dragging for some reason.... all i can think about is in 5 days i will ovulate..... heres hoping i get more for valentines day than i realise :happydance:

Thanks for listen all X

Ha ha - yes indeedio! :)
I wonder if I wll get sent for a lap and dye or even an hsg. On e of the other ladies on this forum that I'm friendly with just paid to have her hsg done privately so she wouldn't have to wait - think it was about £380 - can't really afford it but might just do it if they tell me I've got to wait ages on getting more tests. Bloody NHS!
xxx

Ha ha - yes indeedio! :)
I wonder if I wll get sent for a lap and dye or even an hsg. On e of the other ladies on this forum that I'm friendly with just paid to have her hsg done privately so she wouldn't have to wait - think it was about £380 - can't really afford it but might just do it if they tell me I've got to wait ages on getting more tests. Bloody NHS!
xxx
you could just get a hsg done privately, same info from that test. Cost me €200 thats about £160 last week. got the all clear immediate results! well worth it, only takes 10 mins...bit sore but a lap painful for days!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->