Feeling Blah..

hawalkden

Reaction score
Sorry if I'm just moaning but I'm a little envious of my friends LO's Isaac was born 5 weeks early and spent 2 weeks in NICU due to Jaundice and Breathing Problems.
He's fine now and was born weighing 6lb 14oz! Chubster I know ;)!
There was 5 girls within work who was expecting within in 3 weeks to 7 weeks of eachother and I was the first to have my son. All the rest of the girls had their LO's on time or a week over their due date. We're all good friends etc but when I see FB status' saying 'Awwwh Evie rolled over today, now shes stuck and stressing.'. I feel like crap. Isaac hasn't yet and he's the oldest out of them all. He's now 15 weeks.
I know he's had a battle getting here and a tough labour Emergency Forceps and I'm truely gratful that he's here and I know a lot of NICU babies don't make it. Which makes me feel super bad and I shouldn't be thinking how selfish I'm being.
Hope I don't hurt any of you ladies feelings but I just needed it off my chest. I just feel like he was the first born but the last/late at everything etc.
Anyone else felt the same?

Well, having a premature baby myself one thing i wont be personally doing is comparing my LO to other babies. I don't think it's fair on yourself or the LO personally... just focus on the positives of your LO. We all want our babies to be the best, i can understand that but as long as your LO is always the best in your eyes that's all that matters. He is yours... you created him and that is amazing. Who cares what other peoples babies are doing, he's only a little baby and his time to excel and outshine the others will come :)

My baby was born 8 weeks earlier, the last thing i will ever be doing is comparing him to other babies as i am so proud of my little fighter and blessed he is surviving.

oh wow i know just how that feels. My best friend whom has almost been like a sister to me for about 18yrs was due a week before me but Ella is actually 4 weeks older as she was born 5 weeks prem and omg it feels like there's a competition all the time. I remember she used to call the HV out for almost everything and constantly trying to compare our 2 bubs in every signle aspect, even down to clothes size.

Grr if it's any help Ella never did roll onto her tummy and it doesnt seem to have done her any harm, she was sitting at 6 months, crawling at 10 and walking at 15. Your lil one will catch up and im sure when hes a few months older there'll be things he's doing that your friends bubs arent close to doing for example Ella has excellent dexterity in her hands.....at 1yrs old she could twist a bottle lid and push the plunger of a syringe but thats mainly due to her being tube fed for most of her life at that point and she never banged piano keys, always pressed them gently with individual fingers so im pretty sure your lil man will be advanced in some areas but it is irritating to see when you feel your bubba should be doing same as their peers xx

Wow... people trying to compare their baby to yours? Tell them to get fucked... that's terrible. I wouldn't have a thing to do with someone if they did that.

Sadly i knew it would happen from the moment we both got pregnant at the same time and then when we were both expecting girls there was no chance there'd be anything less.

My LO is the same age as yours ( born on the 5th too! ) and she hasn't rolled, she tries, but has never successfully done it. Don't panic, they all take there own pace :hugs:

My little man is a long way from rolling and he was born on the same day as Isaac albeit 13 weeks early so Isaac will get there before Alex! I try to forget about milestones as I'm just so grateful that my boy is here with me now :)

:hugs: :hugs:

Try not to compare with other babies. I know it's really hard, and I know I have had times of being really upset when people think of Sophie as her actual age rather than her corrected age, and expected her to be doing things. If I'm having a hard time coming to terms with how it all happened with Sophie (and believe me, I have plenty of those!), I just remind myself how lucky we are to have her at all and that does help put things into perspective.

Before she was born, we didn't know if she was going to make it, and the paediatrician who came to talk to us the night before she arrived told us all sorts of problems that we could expect - but we have been incredibly lucky. Anything at all she does, we don't take for granted - she's our little miracle fighter!

I remember someone saying to be at Christmas last year "She'll be crawling by now is she?" - because she was 9 months actual - but she was only 6 months corrected and had only just started sitting unaided. A woman in our street expected her to be walking by her first birthday - but she was only 9 months corrected so that's like expecting a 9 month old to walk!

I thought she was never going to roll - I remember seeing videos of everyone else's babies on facebook rolling and Sophie didn't roll till she was 7-8 months actual, 4-5 months corrected. Once she started though, there was no stopping her!

Try just to focus on Isaac and not on what other babies are doing. He will honestly do everything in his own good time :hugs:

I suspect we all feel like this occasionally, if even just a smidgen..but don't worry hun, Oliver is still not rolling :nope: he can get to his side but thats it but I figure maybe he wouldn't have rolled anyway:shrug:, some full termers don't..my niece who is 2 months older than Oliver doesn't.

Try not to compare, the milestones will come :thumbup:

doctor say not to compre full term babies so you shouldnt compare your premie with a full term, or any baby to any baby for that matter. Babies do things on their own time and usually do things one at a time...

a friend of mine had a baby on the same day, she was 10 days late, I was 5 weeks early... and theres a bunch of stuff our girls do differently..

If your doctors says you lo is ok, dont worry :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->