feeling blue....

zaida

Alec(age 5) Arran(age 3)
Reaction score
and annoyed at myself. Have 2 lovely young sons...am 40 years old.....and cannot, simply cannot, stop thinking of a baby number 3. Husband totally unwilling. Has asked me to stop talking about it. I want to stop being a big baby, myself, and just feel happy and grateful for what I have....but having trouble reaching that place.

Just needing to vent!

Couldn't just read and run, hon.
Feel free to vent anytime, and PM me if you need to chat :)
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aw, I'm sorry to read that you're not feeling well. How do you feel about the situation when you think about it rationally? Do you want another child? Or do you just long for it on an emotional level?
Either way I think it'd be best to talk to your husband about your feelings. Even if he doesn't share your feelings, talking about them will make things better. Other than that I don't really have advice, other than taking your mind off things. I assume you're busy anyway with two young children, but maybe a new challenge of some sort would take your mind off a baby? A college course (or distance learning), a new hobby, something to do with your kids maybe?

I really feel for you. Hav you tried telling your DH exactly what having a third child would mean for you? From your post I can see this isnt just a passing feeling and your right as we get older the decisions dont wait as long. Men dont respond well to hints, I have been through the I want another baby talk with my husband and although granted it took a while to get through he was happy after digesting it for a while.
Men dont like chance and your DH seems settled as he is, thats normal, to tell you to stop talking about it is not nice but to be honest a lot of men will deflect like that!
Dont let it put you off saying what you want though, you are absolutely entitled to want another baby! Tell your DH how much this means to you and just how hurt you would feel and press on him its not something you can brush away.
And please let me know how you get on and feel free to pm me:flower: Amyx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->