feeling broody.

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
today i have been feeling really broody.
i cant explain it, its like i need to start buying baby stuff.
its a bit early to start buying stuff yet.
has/does anyone else feel broody or is it just me.

I was right from the beginning. Bought my pram at 10wks! :D

I think feeling broody is a natural instinct once your pregnant. As soon as i found out, I went out and bought a baby book and some unisex baby clothes. They are all just so cute, i could spend a fortune.
Only thing thats stopped me buying other stuff, is the fact i want to know the sex of bubba first so i can buy the right colours. Oh its so exciting. You've got me all broody again thinking about it. :) xxx

I freaked out today in the baby section of a store, I am not ready to buy anything.

We were buying stuff BEFORE we got the BFP (must to DH's dismay). As soon as we found out we started going to Babies R' Us and seeing what there was to see. Everytime we find something with a fire truck or a (cute/nice) pit bull on it we HAVE to get it. We're picking up our crib and changing table on 12/22 and our crib set (fire truck themed) is coming in the mail on Tuesday. I hate being unprepared so the nursery will be all set up by new years, LOL. I have gotten the feeling like you have though...I go to the store and limit myself to one item and pick out some small baby thing, outfit, toy, etc...it makes me feel better.

at 9 weeks i've dearly love to go shopping but am too scared, just in case something goes tragically wrong and then i'd have all these cute little bits and pieces around ....it's almost like i'm still sort of not fully admiting i'm having a baby until i'm definately safe....i suppose that is week 14? But week 12 scan will do me!!
I'm still too scared to shop.

I've been day dreaming lots about nursery themes though i must say!

I didn't find out until almost 2 months. So making it through that last month until I knew I was safe wasn't that hard for me.
However, a lot of people have said that you shouldn't buy anything until 6 months! :shock:
I was like, NO WAY! BUY BUY BUY! :rofl:
All I have though is like a bassinet, crib set that we are getting from BFs sister, some clothes, and hats. I also have a stroller that was given to me by my aunt, but I think BFs sister is buying us a new travel system. :D

Oh the excitmenet of buying things!! I was BURSTINGGGGG lol

I started buying little things like baby keepsake box for scans and anything onwards - baby books for you to fill in poss names, pregnancy info etc buy ikkle things for now! Well I woudl personally anyway we did our mad one after the 20 week scan (I think it was the 20 week lol) x

we haven't bought anything specifically for the baby yet, though we've started buying the things we need to be able to reorganize the house to make room for a nursery...things like a new book case, better shelving for closets, etc. I'm basically going to have to clear out my craft room to turn it into a nursery, so this organizational stuff will let me re-distribute that stuff around the house. Then we're going to paint the nursery (DH wants to have it painted by the end of January. Once the nursery is painted, we'll probably start buying the stuff we need to fill it :)

We're doing a yellow and green nursery with a "classic pooh" theme. suitable for a boy or a girl! I'm so excited!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->