Feeling depressed since last night

sunflower82

Cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
hi ladies I’m feeling really low and down since last night I been doing ok so far but since last night I been feeling lonely left out and sad it’s like I have no one to talk to about how I feel my hubby and I had an argument last night after that I burst into tears I couldn’t stop crying for like two hours now out of no where I’m crying again I feel my husband isn’t supporting me enough

Men can be such a-holes! With my first pregnancy my DH point blank refused to have any input, he came to the first scan with me but after that I went with my Mum or MIL, I went to every midwife appointment alone, I chose everything for the baby by myself or with my Mum, he never even put a hand on my bump and that is the honest truth, never even felt his own baby kick. I was very resentful for a long time but he tried explaining to me that it was because he was afraid that something would go wrong (we'd been TTC 4 years and on waiting list for IVF at the time) that he felt it was easier for him to not get attached, I told him he was a d*CK because I was scared too and he made the whole experience harder for me but he gets that now. Fast forward to now, we had 2 miscarriages last year which obviously devastated us both and now I'm 9 weeks pregnant and although we are both absolutely petrified that things won't work out, he is being super supportive and helpful, he won't even let me hoover at the moment! Maybe your OH is just scared too? Has he tried to justify his behaviour at all? I spent my whole pregnancy with my daughter thinking that I was going to end up a single mother because he just wasn't interested but really he just wanted the baby so much it made him act like a douche. Your hormones are probably raging at the moment too which never helps with our moods #-oI hope everything seems brighter for you after a good sleep x

I'm going through a similar experience with FOB not really showing much interest in the pregnancy, and it's definitely affecting my enjoyment of the experience. It feels like quite a lonely time when it should be so different, and I've struggled for the last week too.

No advice really but I hope he improves and you start feeling better too :hugs:

xo

Thanks ladies but I think he needs to be more supportive he never goes to any prenatal check up with me nothing I told him I have my 19 week scan July 29 take a day off work and he said no or I said switch your shift with a friend but he won’t

I can understand him not going to all appointments, OH cant either and it's hard getting time off or covering shifts, but for a scan I think 100% he should be there or want to be there at least, plus you've given plenty of notice. I think you need big words with him and just say if your really not bothered by supporting me or being there for the baby, I'd rather know so I can just get on with it and attend appointments on my own! I know a few people in this situation right now, and it really bothers me, fathers of babys are quick enough conceiving them, but when it comes down to the nitty gritty and all the appointments they feel their job is done and they've done their bit. Please speak to him <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->