Feeling desperate!

SpringCrane

Reaction score
Yet another post about my baby not eating...

He's 5 months now. At birth he was at 20th percentile, didn't really lose much in the days after, and stayed about there at his 2 week check. At the 2 month check up he was at 8th. He's had weight checks about every two weeks since, and he's dropping lower. Never losing weight, always gaining, but dropping lower on the chart. He is at 3.5 percentile now.

They've run blood and stool labs, and everything came back normal.

He ebf until 2 months. They suggested supplementing with pumped milk to get his weight up. Upon bottle introduction, he refused to nurse during the day. He nurses when he wakes at night but bottles only during the day. I went through my stash of milk quickly and I couldn't pump enough to keep up. I started with formula. He's dairy sensitive, so we tried Nutramigen. He took it for a week or two grudgingly, then refused completely (even when mixed with mostly breastmilk). Tried a dairy formula just in case he outgrew sensitivity, but no go. Started soy, which he likes. My supply has dwindled, so he gets only one, maybe two, bottles of breastmilk during the day (but still nurses at night). He started spitting up a lot, so he started omeprazole three days ago. He still doesn't eat much. Sometimes he'll finish a 6 oz bottle, but just as often he shows hunger cues, we make a bottle, he refuses to drink it, and then he fusses and falls asleep. We started solids this week. So far he's had avocado (for fats) and prunes (for solid BMs).

I don't know if maybe he's reacting to the soy, and that's causing the spitting up. I know dairy and soy sensitivities often go together. But, he won't take a hypoallergenic (I tried again today).

He's also really long, so he looks really skinny and his weight for length is off the charts low.

He's been checked twice for tongue tie. His ped said his tongue mobility was fine. A dentist said he has a slight tongue tie but it's severity and type wouldn't affect feeding.

Developmentally, according to his ped, he's ahead. He's very active. He sleeps pretty well. He's mostly happy and smiley, though recently he's seemed to be feeling discomfort with the spitting up (apparently omeprazole can take a week to work).

We've been referred to a pediatric gastroenterologist, so hopefully we'll get answers soon.

I'm so worried about him.

Ah just found this too. Do you want to get your milk supply back up?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->