feeling down due to people telling me its time for a baby.

I'm new here (Hi!) so I'm just now seeing this thread.

Anyway.

People are inconsiderate, rude, and downright thoughtless at times. It sucks, I know. Depending on my mood, my answers vary from, "I can't get pregnant because you're stupid," to "I am pregnant. But I'm from the future where we carry our babies in our handbags," or "Time for a baby? Come to think of it, I AM starving!" Mostly people don't ask me now (can't imagine why! ;))

So, I'm wishing you tons of luck and baby dust and all that good stuff. And if people are rude enough that they feel your reproductive system is their business, have fun with them. :D

Thanks superawsome! Love your answers!
I have gathered very interesting answers through this thread. Hehe deffo going to use some!

And welcome to this section! Lots of baby dust to you and hope your stay is a short one and you get your bfp soon

I'm new here (Hi!) so I'm just now seeing this thread.

Anyway.

People are inconsiderate, rude, and downright thoughtless at times. It sucks, I know. Depending on my mood, my answers vary from, "I can't get pregnant because you're stupid," to "I am pregnant. But I'm from the future where we carry our babies in our handbags," or "Time for a baby? Come to think of it, I AM starving!" Mostly people don't ask me now (can't imagine why! ;))

So, I'm wishing you tons of luck and baby dust and all that good stuff. And if people are rude enough that they feel your reproductive system is their business, have fun with them. :D

And I thought my responses were prickly! These are positively acerbic :haha::haha::haha: GO Superawesome!!!

Yeah, they are good aren't they? that would make people stop asking!:haha:

Hi ladies!

Just needed to talk to someone. I had to cry today as its all getting to me. Everybody is hinting or nagging at me and my OH that its time for a baby. If they only knew i want it to happen so badly and that we are trying.

I feel so under preassure about it!!

Our families and friends are so insensitive.

Has amyone experienced this? And how do you deal with it?

I have it the other way round telling me and my hubby that we shouldn't have anymore children. I have 2 boys from my previous marriage and 2 boys from this marriage. People really don't understand sometimes and it's not an impulse decision we have thought it through and decided to have one more and maybe just maybe we will get our little girl. But we would be happy with a boy too :) Good luck x

Oh Jodes! I can´t believe people are telling you that you should not have anm more children! That is none of their business! few years ago people had big families, and now they see a big family as something wrong?!?! Geeeweeez! Can´t believe it!

Never mind! Don´t listen to them, it is just jealousy of your gorgeous family :winkwink:
Now seriously, tell them to mind their own business and hope you have your baby soon, and hopeuflly the little girl you want :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Jodes: Who's business is it anyway to tell someone how many kids they should or shouldn't have?!?! My great-grandmother had 7, and one of her daughters had 6.

I honestly (until today) could never imagine having more than two. I've been thinking today, that I don't care anymore how many I have at this point. I'm 40 years old, and if I end up having 4 or 5 kids, then so be it!! :hugs:

Jodes: Who's business is it anyway to tell someone how many kids they should or shouldn't have?!?! My great-grandmother had 7, and one of her daughters had 6.

I honestly (until today) could never imagine having more than two. I've been thinking today, that I don't care anymore how many I have at this point. I'm 40 years old, and if I end up having 4 or 5 kids, then so be it!! :hugs:

Go Shelley!!! Aim for the stars girl :thumb up: I have this warped scenario going on I'm my head that the pain of all my mcs (3 mc and 1 beautiful son) is because I am going to be rewarded with a set of twins to complete my family at the ripe old age of 43!!! I know, I shouldn't share that with people because it makes me sound unhinged, but it's ok, you can't see me in real life so I am safe :haha::haha::haha:

Go Shelley!!! Aim for the stars girl :thumb up: I have this warped scenario going on I'm my head that the pain of all my mcs (3 mc and 1 beautiful son) is because I am going to be rewarded with a set of twins to complete my family at the ripe old age of 43!!! I know, I shouldn't share that with people because it makes me sound unhinged, but it's ok, you can't see me in real life so I am safe :haha::haha::haha:

You don't sound unhinged to me! I swear if I could have boy/girl twins the first time out, my life would be complete!

Do NOT mention that to my OH, however! :rofl:

You don't sound unhinged to me! I swear if I could have boy/girl twins the first time out, my life would be complete!

Ha, me too - same and same! Would love not to have to go through this whole ttc thing again and get it done in one go.

Of course DH would freak if he heard me say that.

Ha, me too - same and same! Would love not to have to go through this whole ttc thing again and get it done in one go.

Of course DH would freak if he heard me say that.

Ha ha, I've been thinking exactly the same thing! My friend, who is 40 and has had all sorts of fertility issues has just reached her 2nd trimester with twins. So happy for her!

I've been really lucky on the people asking about TTC. No-one's ever asked me! Except really close friends who I discuss that sort of thing with anyway. I'm definitely NOT telling my Mum. I really don't want her asking me how it's going, or getting her hopes up.

I told my mum yesterday that I could not have children and I would not go through IVF
Got so tired of her asking all the time! She won´t ask again and If I do conceive then it will be a surprise for her.

Glad to hear some of you are "feeling me" on the twins thing hehehehe

My thing is my hubby... he is quite attached to money so I think only one pregnancy is what he will do...so if I get 2 out of it it would be PERFECT! ;-)

Oh Jodes! I can´t believe people are telling you that you should not have anm more children! That is none of their business! few years ago people had big families, and now they see a big family as something wrong?!?! Geeeweeez! Can´t believe it!

Never mind! Don´t listen to them, it is just jealousy of your gorgeous family :winkwink:
Now seriously, tell them to mind their own business and hope you have your baby soon, and hopeuflly the little girl you want :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Cheers hun i don't tend to listen then anyway but it does make me sad that they do think like this. It's my hubby's family and generally speaking they are the nicest bunch of people but they like to inform us that having more child will cost more and it would be unfair to our children we have already. I can see their point but we feel we don't do a bad job with bringing them up. They are happy, contented, doing well at school (straight A students) and we have the money in the bank. So i say why not :hugs:

Funny you should say that because my hubby is one of 7 and him being the youngest and it's his sisters that are being like this. I suppose they are trying to look out for us in their own little way. :flower:

Cheers hun i don't tend to listen then anyway but it does make me sad that they do think like this. It's my hubby's family and generally speaking they are the nicest bunch of people but they like to inform us that having more child will cost more and it would be unfair to our children we have already. I can see their point but we feel we don't do a bad job with bringing them up. They are happy, contented, doing well at school (straight A students) and we have the money in the bank. So i say why not :hugs:

I agree with Sus --- people should just mind their own business. My ex [who I actively co-parent my two kids with...aged 12 1nd 15] went OUT OF HIS way to tell me that I should not have any more kids, it's life-threatening, and my existing children need me :growlmad:..... keep in mind HE opted to have a V [and doesn't want anymore...he only wanted one, and our second was a 'surprise'...] I politely told him that my life, body, and affairs are no longer any of his concern [8 years post divorce] and that while I appreciate his concern, I'm a big girl, and can manage well...

Take home message: do what makes you happy...you gotta have a tough skin at times for some of the twerps [family, friends or otherwise] but do what you and your dh want. :thumbup:

I agree with Sus --- people should just mind their own business. My ex [who I actively co-parent my two kids with...aged 12 1nd 15] went OUT OF HIS way to tell me that I should not have any more kids, it's life-threatening, and my existing children need me :growlmad:..... keep in mind HE opted to have a V [and doesn't want anymore...he only wanted one, and our second was a 'surprise'...] I politely told him that my life, body, and affairs are no longer any of his concern [8 years post divorce] and that while I appreciate his concern, I'm a big girl, and can manage well...

Take home message: do what makes you happy...you gotta have a tough skin at times for some of the twerps [family, friends or otherwise] but do what you and your dh want. :thumbup:

Absolutely agree with you! My ex was furious when he found out i was pregnant with my 3rd (i had only met my now hubby for 4 weeks ) i know!!! But he thought that i shouldn't have anymore children because of the two boys we had together. He talks through his hole sometimes. He was shocked when we had our 4th so quickly after and he is going to be hacked off when i announce another pregnancy soon hopefully haha!

Rashaa, well said! It is none of your ex hubby´s business what you do now!
Pride and Jealousy that is what it´s making him say that.
It will be great for you wen you have your little one in your arms!
Ex hubby`s are that, "EXes" With no rigths to decide what we do:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->