Feeling down

bmuir11207

Mother of 2 girls
Reaction score
I am 34 weeks and I had my last two babies at 37 weeks so pretty sure this one will come at the same time. Anyway we have been trying to get the baby to turn and she is still head up I am really really hoping for a vba3c but I can't if she is breech. I have been seeing a chiropractor, doing breech tilts, ice on top of my belly, and light on the bottom I'm so sad thinking I may not get the birth I want so badly:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

really feel for you :-( even though mines my first, I really don't want a c-section unless essential, so all my effort between weeks 31-34 went into shifting him from transverse.
have you popped onto "spinning babies" website? I haven't had a look specifically for breech, but I found it packed with info/suggestions on how to turn babies.
Does your midwife know how you feel about wanting a vbac? wondering if there is anything she can suggest that perhaps people not in the profession might not think of.

Thanks :) yes I've looked athe website and feel like I've tried everything :/ also my doula does know I want a vbac so badly intact she has been trying to help me get it. Looks like my last option is a external version but I don't know how likely they will give me one with my history of 3 sections

I know how frustrating that can be. I tried for many weeks to get my baby to turn. I'm still working with a chiropractor but I don't have much hope left at this point. I've only had one c-section and was definitely hoping for a vbac this time too. I've had to come to terms with losing that option. I'm much more accepting of it now, but it did take some time. I tried focusing on the positive aspects (knowing a concrete date of when baby will come, I know what to expect from a c-section, healthy baby!). I'm sure it's easier said than done. Definitely let yourself feel bad about it and don't feel guilty about that.

I am so sorry to hear that your going threw this too its very frustrating

Can't help much with the VBA3C advice, but don't assume you'll give birth again at 37 weeks...
One of my best friends gave birth to her first two between 36 and 37 weeks (the first was 36w5d and the second was I think either 37 weeks exactly or 36w6d). She was absolutely certain her third was going to be the same, and so she was all prepared to go into labour by 36w5d.
In the end, her third didn't come til 38w3d and she was going crazy!

Point being, don't stress too much about the timing, and good luck with the VBAC! Hope you get the birth you want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->