Feeling extremely low... (this is a moan)

Kayleigh09

Reaction score
Hi guys, noone really needs to read this i just need to have a good moan, i really dont feel well today, I had stomach cramps and felt sick the whole day yesterday, luckily it was easy to cope with and ignore yesterday.

I managed to eat a salad then home bought chinese dinner. I took some health salts (andrews) before bed and i didnt feel too bad but i kept waking in the night and was really tired when Summer woke at 1.45 and didnt go back to sleep until 2.30.

Woke up this morning hoping it was something i could just sleep off but oh no, i got up, was very tired and felt so so sick, it was really overwhelming this morning and the stomach cramps were 10 times worse and it only got worse when i stood up.

I text my partner as i didnt know what to do, i'd drunk alot of fluids yesterday in the hopes that i was just mild food poisoning and it would pass. My partner told me to phone the doctors so i did and went in at 10.45.

She asked if i would say yes to being weighed and i really wish i'd said no now. I've PUT ON weight since having my daughter. That really cant be good. She just asked me straight out if i'm not happy about it and i ended up bursting into tears. I think it was because noone has actually challenged me about my weight, i'm tired and dont feel very well but it shocked me how upset i am over my weight. It wasnt just a little amount to put on either it was 5kgs :-( i'm overweight as it is so i think im heading toward the end of obese now.

Anyways, she examined me and said my stomach sounds extremely busy!! She then diagnosed me gastroenteritis. I looked it up on the internet when i got home and its caused my food poisoning, norovirus or antibiotics leaving your immune system low. My partner eats the same food as me so its not caused by food poisoning and i havent had antibiotics in years so it must be the norovirus! No idea where i could have caught that.

This is really contagious but easily controlled by washing hands, toilet seat etc so i'm just hoping my partner doesnt get it. The doc was so nice to me today aswell, she gave me some weight advice on things i can do to lose weight and also prescribed me some anti sickness pills which i'm hoping will kick in sometime soon!! Also she said i can take paracetemol for the cramping so hopefully i'll feel a bit better in an hour or so.

Sorry for the long rant i'm just feeling very upset and ill at the moment and having a 7 month old to look after aswell isnt very easy as i know most of you can probably sympathise with!

Thank you for reading my long and probably very boring thread, just needed to get all that out! :)

Aww hope you feel better soon and that the antibiotics kick in quickly.

Hun 5kg is not a huge amount to put on in pregnancy - I've known ppl to put on many stones in weight, I've put on about a stone and am working on getting it off plus I'm very overweight anyway so I have a few stone to shift. I'm not saying that to downplay how you feel or anything like that - just saying you're not alone hun there's a good few of us here working on shifting the baby weight and we'll help and support you with that if you like.

Hope you feel better soon xxx:hug:xxx

Thankyou hunny, i have'nt been given antibiotics as it can make it worse so i've just got anti sickness pills and paracetamol. I was just so upset about it because i was weighed after i'd had summer and the weight gain is since then. Is it normal to gain after having a baby? x

I'm not sure - I find though that I;ve been eating more since having JJ as I'm breastfeeding and also probably to build energy so it's probably that. Also cos I'm at home now whereas if I was in work I'd be eating differently

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->