• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling freezing??? Postpartum chills?

Rheaz

Reaction score
I'm three weeks postpartum. I had a VBAC birth. I have had night sweats on and off but for the last couple of days I've been feeling really cold! I live in australia so it's not really that cold and I don't have a temp. Anyone else experienced this? I googled all sorts of horrible things like septic shock and asymptomatic UTIs that can lead to septacaemia so I feel really stressed. :-(
Anyone else had the chills??

OMG Yes, right now I feel so funny. A glass of coke helped I think it's dur to sweating out your sugars. Sanitary towels always do this to me, can't wait to take them off x

Hey! You've had the chills too then? I got cold then sweated today. Stresses me out!

I'm 4.5 wks postpartum and got the chills the first week, still having night sweats, and am cold easily. I was told that my pores were still open and the night sweats were due to hormonal changes

I was freezing for the first feel weeks after I had my son. It was ridiculous - everyone in my house was in shorts and T-shirts, and I was bundled up in sweatpants and sweatshirts and fuzzy socks. And, like you, it is not cold where I live by any means. I never has an infection, but was still cold all the time. Now, I get hot like it's the middle of summer in the desert, and walk around without a shirt on most of the day! I agree with ams4514; it's definitely the crazy postpartum hormones!

Maybe worth a visit to the doctors. I have a thyroid problem , and pregnancy always messes up my levels. Maybe worth a blood test? Other things related to thyroid are weight issues, hair loss, dry skin, heavy periods. It's quite common and often temporary if you ve never had thyroid problem before

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->