Feeling frustrated! Midwife issues

KellyW1982

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

When I found out I was pregnant I rang the midwives to book an appointment- I was nearly 6 weeks when I rang but she said oh well we don't usually make an appointment until you are 6-7 weeks so ring back next week. I did think at the time why not just book me in for when the time is right instead of me calling back. Anyway I rang back on Wednesday but couldn't get hold of anyone so I left a message, I then rang back Friday and left another message but still no one has rang me back.

I feel this is really bad and so frustrating also quite annoyed by it now- anyone else had issues like this or do I sound like I'm being over sensitive?

I'm 7 weeks and 1 day now by the way.

Xx

Are you UK based? Usually, booking appointments are done at 8 weeks-ish. I do agree it's a bit weird she wouldn't just make you an appointment for 8 weeks! My midwife works via my doctors surgey so I just rang them around 5 weeks and they booked me in for when I was 8 weeks.

I wouldn't take it personally, she is probably just really busy! But I'd also keep chasing.. you shouldn't be ignored! Is there anywhere you can actually go into to book the appointment? Does the midwife work from a clinic or anything?

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm UK based. The number is for a team of midwives covering the area so not a specific one. It's just a little frustrating as the answer phone msg says we are usually in the office between 8.30 and 9.30, leave a message and we will get back to you within 24 hrs- I have rang at these time and they don't pick up lol.

I think the midwives are probably based in the same place they were 7 years ago when I had my last baby but I am going to ring my doctors on Monday to double check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->