Feeling frustrated

sambob

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So, I had been on birth control for about 10 years (pill and implants), my last implant was due to be removed October 2013, I finally had it out early last December (2013). We've been TTC ever since.
My cycles still aren't regular, I can have anything from a 21 day cycle to 34! I do opk's and tend to get a positive pretty much between the 16th-18th day of every cycle. Also (tmi) I bleed different every month, from just a very light spotting for 7 days to a full flow for just 1-2 days! :wacko:
I had a scan to rule out pcos and my 21 day cycle bloods were normal too.

My worry is if I get a positive opk on the 17th day of my cycle and then get AF on the 24-26th day (my average) it doesn't leave enough time for the egg to implant. What do you guys think? xxx

I can't answer you question

But I been trying for 13 months to with no luck and my cycles have been everywhere since coming of bcp, they now range anything up to 40 days and I hate it as just feel like every month they are getting longer, I went doctor to ask for tests but they said because I am young I have to be trying for 2 years before they would consider testing :/

Arrr that's rubbish chick. My GP has been really good with me so far. Basically they thought I had PCOS but test we're negative. So now my hubby has got to give a sample of his swimmers, however he's chickened out twice now lol. So we're giving it one more month and then he's got to do it lol. If his test comes back fine then I can then have a ultra sound with dye to see if my tubes are blocked.:shrug: Hopefully not though!
I'm currently on CD22 so could get AF at any time, really hope she stays away!

I believe if your luteal phase is less than 10 days (which based on the figures you gave, yours would be), it lessens the chance of conception. Like you said, it's affects implantation.

Maybe you could ask your doctor if there's anything they can give you to regulate your cycles and lengthen your luteal phase. Alternatively, I've heard that Vitex (which you can buy over the counter) is good for that (I've just started it myself!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->