feeling guilty about DD1 while I am so sick..anyone else?

blue_kat

Reaction score
I am about 7 weeks and have been really sick for last few weeks.

Its a total nightmare as I am fit for nothing on the days I feel like this...I feel so guilty about the amount of TV I am letting my youngest watch!

Normally we still try to go out in the mornings to groups etc but I am letting her get on with it rather than playing with her lots, and then in the afternoons I am sticking her in front of the telly so I can lie down and feel sorry for myself! pre-preg we would have gone out to the park (of course it was warmer then) or gone round to friends, baked, coloured/painted together etc...She isnt bothered in the slightest but I feel awful about it!!

Please tell me I am not the only crap mum out there!

Oh and I shouldnt admit this but we were away for weekend and not only have I ignored the cleaning...but she just asked for grapes as a snack but as ive not been shopping yet all I could find in the cupboard was a packet of crisps :dohh:

We are probably watching more Peppa Pig than we should be. It isn't forever, they won't remember it and a few weeks of watching a lot of TV isn't gonna ruin the stimulation they usually get.

Don't worry. You're not the only one. DD is sitting on my lap while we are watching telly together since I have no energy left to play. We go for walks in the morning still, but in the afternoons I have no energy left. I also don't cook much now, so we eat cucumber, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce and all kinds of fruits. So still healthy, but not cooked food at the moment. Luckily it's summer here so she is happy with the fruits and sometimes eat yogurt, sandwiches or crackers.

I guess it will get better in 2nd trimester.

I am the same, don't worry it's only for a few weeks (well I hope so anyway!!!)

I feel so guilty my baby is only 4 months old and im 8 weeks pregnant. I hadnt realised how crap id feel as I didnt feel this way last time and I feel hes not getting what he should from me.

We used to go to 3 baby classes a week, swimming, metting friends for lunch and walks. Now we go a walk once a day and not much else :( hes certainly still being entertained I sing to him lots and read etc but feel I am not as cheerful with him as I was before. Im sure il be my old self once the sickness passes!!

Yep, I'm the same, I just don't feel well enough to do anything. And I've not cooked a proper meal for about 3 weeks cause I just can't face food! I just keep telling myself it'll be better in a couple of weeks, I hope!

Plus, it's DS's 2nd birthday on Monday & I would love to have a party & bake a cake & generally go over the top, but I just can't. So we're just going to soft play. I know DS will be happy, but I still feel guilty!

Don't worry it's ok I'm the same I can't face going out I feel sick all day I put tv on for my toddler in the day it's only for the first trimester I suffer from anxiety too so I'm worried it will set me back staying in everyday

I definitely know what you mean!!! My two kiddos are older (6 and 4) and I'm sure they wonder what the heck is wrong with me some days! I seriously drrrrrrrrrrrag on the days that I'm feeling sick and those days have been fairly frequent this go around. Looking very forward to the 1st trimester to pass....never had it like this before and with having two little ones the guilt then starts to play with my head too. Some days (or should I say hours) :haha: are better than others...but I think I've been more of a grump and bump on a log since conception!!! Pretty sure this is going to be our last biological child so I am really wanting to enjoy every moment of this pregnancy........but man, some days I just want to sleep the whole day away!!!

She will be fine, it's not forever lol!
I've been so ill this time too, hubby had to have half the day off yesterday cause I couldn't get off the floor. Spent the rest of the day in bed and he took care of our boys. But most days are spent on on the couch :(
Hoping it all gets better soon.

Please don't feel guilty ladies! You are all incredible. Raising one child is tough enough, but add in being pregnant with another? You're all doing great, lots of people get overwhelmed by one or the other, and you're all doing double duty. :hugs:

This is me! Though my daughter is 2 & a half and is fed up of mummy being sick! She says :p. She'd rather be anywhere than with me! Poor bit

I try and make my daughter watch tv but she insists on looking after me with her doctors kit, which consists of her poking me in every orifice with plastic objects.

Thanks for all the replies, just nice to know its not just me!

Well its been a CRAZY few days compared to just lying in bed/on the sofa haha - yesterday I managed to paint with her for the morning (really she painted while I staggered from the kitchen to the bathroom :wacko:) then we baked cakes in the afternoon...

Today we played in my bedroom for the morning - she thought that was great fun, then she helped me clean the bathroom (she made a mess while I cleaned) and then we went to a softplay/restaurant with her nannie which was nice..

Shes asleep now - so glad she is an easy going child who is easily pleased haha...

I'm very impressed! I hope I get some energy soon :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"