Feeling guilty about pregnancy

oops_a_baby

Reaction score
So, I am about 8 weeks pregnant with No2 - we weren't consciously trying and to be honest No1 was a minimal effort affair too. We haven't told anybody and don't intent to until after the dating scan.
My bro and SIL are also expecting, about 12 wks now, announced very early (6wks) as they were so excited.
Unfortunately, my SIL has been rushed in to hospital about 5 times since they told us, with bleeding and cramps. So far, everything has been OK and the baby is sticking in there. But I got a call about an hour ago saying that she is going in again, in so much pain that she can hardly stand up. I am really worried that she is going to lose the baby.
I am scared for them, they are so frightened of what is happening, but I am also feeling so guilty that are also expecting but without any of the complications.
They are at the hospital now, so fingers' crossed everything will be OK.

Fingers crossed for them, that's a hard situation to be in. I understand the guilt (I have a friend lttc for 5years) and I haven't told her yet. We're waiting for our scan too. Sending prayers it's all ok.x

My brother just called, SIL has been admitted. Dr thinks the main problem is dehydration as she has terrible morning sickness. Hopefully she'll have a scan tomorrow morning and if baby is OK, she'll be discharged tomorrow.

Your SIL is in my thoughts. I have a friend who had to go to the hospital several times for dehydration and she's got a healthy boy! Hopefully it will resolve. I hear how you're feeling but don't feel guilty about having a healthy reproductive system :) you're going to love that baby and care for it and be a great parent. I'm sure she'll be thankful for you being so thoughtful though.

Don't feel guilty hon, you don't have any control over you SIL's health/pregnancies, I'm sure if you did you'd want more than anything for her to have a very healthy little baby in a few months time!

All you can do is be sensitive to her problems and be there for her if she needs.

I really hope all is ok with her and baby x

Dont feel guilty...this is a very exciting and happy time for you. ...this is coming from someone who had a mc and bff got pregnant not long after me...my due day was supposed to be tommorow and hers is jan 15th....yes it was hard to hear her talk about her pregnancy....but i didn't blame her for being like that.....just like you shouldn't feel guilty...I just wished she was a little bit more mindful and sensitive...but she is very spoiled and selfish..so i know her personality.....do not feel guilty...maybe keep it to yourself until you have the scan etc and be sensitive around her. I HOPE BABY IS OK!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->