Feeling guilty after gender scan

Caelli86

Twin mummy to be!
Reaction score
so after my twin gender scan on Sunday we found out we're expecting another 2 boys. I'm completely gutted and walked out in tears, and I feel so bad feeling this way.

We already have a DD and DS but I desperately wanted another girl.

My DD is more a boy than my DS is and even though she's awesome and I love her to bits, she's not girly in the slightest. She likes to wear boy clothes, play with boy toys and all that stuff, she has never been intrested in being a girl. I've never bought her a dress up princess dress or even a dolly.

I'm very girly, and a super disney fan and I really wanted a daughter who I can share that with.I wanted to buy princess dresses 😭😭

Now we've found out we're having another 2 boys, and we've agreed we cannot have any more children I'm totally gutted.

I'm useless with boys, I'm so girly that I find it so hard to connect to anything boyish. I hate mud and dirt and insects and anything blue. I cannot get excited about buying blue stuff.

I literally cry every time I see a baby girl or little girl and I feel so bad. I feel so guilty because I do love my DS and I know the twins will be loved but I just can't help feeling this way.

And to top it off my DD ( who is 9) turned around and said she was gutted too because she wanted a sister. I cried again.

I'm hoping I will get over it and start to enjoy my pregnancy again I really do.

Sorry for my rant, I needed to let it out.Hope people don't think I'm too selfish, I know some people cannot even have any babies so I know I am lucky.

Hello there. I also have twin boys. I'm not sure if I had gender disappointment or gender shock at the time even though I am thrilled now with my boys and can't imagine anything else. Before I knew we had problems TTC I always wanted a girl. Then, when I started to TTC the idea of having a boy also seemed so lovely I just didn't care. When I finally got pregnant and found out they were twins I thought it would be nice to have one of each, or maybe two girls. I remember the shock when they said 2 boys, I just couldn't imagine what I would do with them. I remember at the time I started to google twin boys blogs (so many lovely ones out there) We also won't have anymore children, so in our case there will never be a girl, but I like my identity now as a boy mum and I don't actually give it much thought anymore, don't have the time lol (don't want to scare you :haha: ). Anyway, just wanted to say I can understand, its such a shock to get not one gender but two all at once, I remember that feeling in the scan, its very overwhelming :hugs:

I am feeling a little better after letting the news sink in 😊 I know how much hard work lil boys are

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->