Feeling guilty! Poor DH

rowleypolie

Mom of 2, #3 on the way
Reaction score
So some of you may know from my posts, I have an in home daycare and watch 6 kids on top of my 2. My days are busy and DH works most nights so I never get a real break. My church assigned me and DH to teach the 3 year old Sunday school. Originally our class was larger but some families have moved and now we only have 4 kids.

Today I was exhausted and my back was hurt so I stayed in bed longer than I should. I woke up when church was starting and only had 45 minutes until Sunday school. I told DH I just didn't feel up to it and laid in bed more. He laughed and said it was fine, but when I only had 15 minutes left he came up all upset...you aren't ready yet? Are you seriously not going? You are making me go alone? He started rummaging through my closet and grabbed out a dress to imply I needed to get ready.

I hadn't showered and I had no intentions of going, but he reminded me he has to work tonight and he worked last night and he is still going, so now I feel guilty. I am going to suggest to my Sunday school director to assign a different family because my life is all about kids and I need a break on Sunday, still it won't help today. I just feel bad....

DH and I teach junior church at our church, and we are taking a two month break starting in May (I'll be 38 weeks on the first Sun. in May, the 5th).

We felt comfortable going that long but I have no other children at home, and lost my job in Oct. of last year so don't have much going on during the week. Definitely talk to the director if you feel like you need to give the class up, or at the very least take a break until your new baby arrives and you're into a new routine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->