Feeling ill and being a parent!

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
Pre-baby, when you are ill, you can snuggle up in bed or on the sofa with a hot water bottle and cup of Lemsip and feel well and truly sorry for yourself. You do not appreciate how difficult it is for mums when they are ill. It makes you appreciate how much your own mum did for you when she was ill, how she just 'got on with it.'

My husband has just come down with a really bad cold and I had a really bad headache over the last day and a half. We have moved down to Edinburgh, so friends and family are not around this area as we are new here. So, I have done what mums all over the world have to do and have just 'had to get on with things!' It is hard, but we just have to cope don't we! My DH is annoying me a bit at the moment as he is able to wallow in his cold - or what I suspect is 'man flu' and is able to slob out on the couch with his cup of Lemsip and bar of chocolate. :hissy:

awww sorry u dont feel well babe, if u lived near me id come round and help u :(

get well soon hun

xxx

:hug: Hope you feel better soon, and hubby gets over his man flu quickly :hugs:

My DH had the "man flu" and boy are they the biggest babies when there sick lol when he got it I got it and so did baby :( is was a sicky house for 2 weeks but I had no choice to manage him and baby ..and myself when i could lol

:hug:

Get Tristan sorted and run yourself a nice bubble bath Pops....you deserve it xxxx

i know how you feel!

hope you are better soon x

I know how you feel. I had a sickness and diarrhea bug the other week, which Sam got as well. Luckily he wasn´t sick with it, it was just the other end, but I was literally gagging having to change his nappies! We were travelling back from the UK in the car at the time as well, so it wasn´t much fun - I was exhausted for about a week, but you just have to get on with it.

Hope you are feeling better soon x

:hugs: hope you feel better!

It sucks being sick and all you want to do is curl up under the covers and sleep but there's no chance of that. :hugs:

My OH has man flu at the moment, and I have to look after him. Big baby. I couldnt imagine looking after him and a baby at the same time as feeling ill myself. Im sure its something I will experience tho! Hope u feel well soon. xx

:hugs: hope you feel better soon honey, i too have come down with a horrible cold and throat infection, its so horrible just getting on with it all :hugs: x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->