Feeling like a selfish cow :(

wanting2more

Reaction score
Ok i need to vent/say this out loud. Im feeling super guilty because im not feeling truly excited about baby being a girl. I know thats horrible and i am happy she is healthy and growing well but i also know that id be air punching if i had been told she was in fact a boy . Im awful and horrible and feel automatically ungrateful and unworthy of being able to have this baby at all. Why do i have to be like this and why does it feel so bad? I need to get my head out of my ass and get over it. Half way tomorrow before i know it she will be here

Don't be too hard on yourself, I think these are all completely normal feelings! I am in a similar situation, we're expecting our first and I had it in my head all along that it was going to be a boy. We don't know 100% yet as my official gender scan isn't for a few more weeks, but at my recent scan the ultrasound tech guessed girl 80%. I had to actively hide my disappointment and was in shock the whole way home. I didn't think I'd get over it and I was really down for a week or two. Lately though, my husband and I have been referring to baby as a "she" and by the girl name we picked out. We went shopping to look at girl clothes and began thinking about the nursery with a girl in mind. It's been three weeks and I can honestly say that now I might be disappointed if we change teams at the next ultrasound!

Again, I think it's completely natural to be disappointed. Right now, it's the only thing we can really "obsess" about while the baby is still inside. We can't control their personalities or interests right now. I'm sure once you meet her, it will be love at first sight! I hope this helps, just know you're not alone.

As pp said don't be so hard on yourself, it's only natural if you were thinking or hoping you'd have a specific gender to feel slightly off when you find out its something different. I had a mc between having my two boys so even though I knew I was so unbelievably blessed to have my second healthy baby I was still 'disappointed' I didn't have my girl. As you adapt and your pregnancy moves on I'm sure your feelings will change

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->