Feeling movement at 12 weeks??

AmberR

Reaction score
I'm just over 12 weeks with my 3rd pregnancy, my first was a MMC at 9.5 weeks, with my second I had my baby boy! I swear I am feeling movement the last couple days. I thought I was just imagining it, but today it is very obvious flutters that I remember feeling with my last pregnancy. However, I did not feel movement until almost 20 weeks, maybe due to having an anterior placenta. It's just crazy to me to be feeling movement! Such a wonderful feeling. Anyone else feel movement early on?

I felt movement around this time with my second

I felt the flutters at 11wks with my second hun,this time I had bubbles at 8wks and thought it must be wind but when having a early scan I jumped and the tech couldn’t believe I had felt this big flip the baby did but it stayed in the same little area until about 22wks lol each time is so different,congrats on the flutters,such a wonderful feeling xx

I was 13 weeks with DS when I started feeling those first flutters .

I thought I was feeling movements at 12 weeks but was told at my 13 week scan it's not possible because baby is still so small and it will just be gas. I was convinced it was movements but turned out the medical professional was right in the end.
After that 13 week scan I didnt feel anything and really worried.
Then at 18 weeks i starte feeling movements and it got stronger and stronger.
I had a anterior placenta tho and I think if u dont have a anterior placenta u can feel things around 15 weeks.
Proper kicks came at 21 weeks.
U do say flutters tho and I remember feeling them flutters at around 17 weeks and thinking that's strange.
The movement I was feeling at 12 weeks was more like lots of popcorn popping and that turned out to be gas. Sorry to hear about ure loss I lost my first baby at almost 11 weeks and it was awfull.
Congratulations hon on ure new pregnancy

Thanks ladies! I was definitely surprised to be feeling flutters so soon!

Thanks ladies! I was definitely surprised to be feeling flutters so soon!
I'm 12 weeks 4 days with my 5th and I feel them already. My midwife said the more you have the earlier you feel the baby as you recognise it from previous pregnancies. I'm getting bubbles at the moment but only in the evenings when I'm laying in bed. X

I was 11 weeks with my 3rd :)

I was the same as you with my second baby- driving back from work at 11w6d and felt a flutter and thought "nah it can't possibly be" but over the next couple of weeks they became more frequent and continued, getting stronger as the weeks went on.

I'd also had an anterior placenta with my first son and hadn't felt movement until 19 weeks so I was VERY surprised to feel anything so early, but technically my second baby was actually my 4th pregnancy due to having had two losses, and they do say that you feel movement earlier with each pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->