Feeling movement at 9 weeks

Wnt2beAMom

Reaction score
So my friend is telling me she is feeling movement already and *thinks* she is 9 weeks.
It is her second pregnancy, but that seems way too early to me....
What do you think?

i felt something distinct at 8 weeks and then again at 9 weeks but each time it was only once. but ever since week 12, it was unmistakeable. it was baby moving! and i feel her moving every day and sometimes, im lucky enough to feel her while im standing up at work. this is my first baby and im a short, petite girl so that might be a reason why im feeling her early and its only my first pregnancy. if your friend's movements are consistent, and she's been through it before, then she probably knows her body by now

I definitely felt a bump or two at about 9 weeks with my second, but it was sparse. So it is possible!

Well either she is feeling something or she thinks she is. For example, my mother has been having phantom uterus sensations/sympathy pains because we are very close and I think her body is remembering her pregnancies. The mind is a very fascinating thing. There are two major problems with her having feelings firstly she of course isn't pregnant and secondly she doesn't even have a uterus anymore lol. We both get a good laugh out of it though.

Not to say this is what your friend is going through, because I was feeling stuff that early as well, but I think it was most likely twitching from my uterus expanding than it was the baby itself. However a few weeks later I started to feel the baby for sure, it is unlike anything I have ever felt before so I knew, and I was right because it just gets stronger as the weeks go by.

OK thanks everyone :) I didn't feel anything until 20 weeks, so it baffled me she could be feeling something so soon...

Lol I always think the same when ppl swear they feel stuff that early. I personally don't believe it but I have read about many posters on here say they have. I'm sure there are lots of things you "feel" during early stages but is it movement...who knows...is it kicks...cmon the baby is TINY. This is my 6th pregnancy I've never felt proper movement before 20 weeks and sometimes further. But if it gives some mom's comfort to think they are feeling lil one move then who are we to judge.

A 9 week old baby is neither large nor strong enough to make movement that can be felt.

I wouldn't think it was baby. The baby isn't even an inch long and doesn't even weigh a quarter of an ounce at that point. I don't know how you would feel something so small. Plus, it's still down behind the pubic bone. I'm not doubting she feels something that she thinks is baby, but I personally don't think it's baby.

There is no way that u can feel a baby that is only 1 inch in size lol. Plus theres the surrounding tissues and fat and everything else. It may feel like baby as I feel the same myself, but its only gas, or moving of insides. Physically it is just not possible. The baby is the size of a grape. If that even.

The only thing I felt around that time was gas bubbles! :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->