Feeling movement from the outside at 17 weeks?

FarfromHome

1st time Mommy!
Reaction score
I have a quick question since this is my first baby. I've been feeling baby move around for about a week now ( not consistently just every now and again). Well today I am 17 weeks and my mother in law had just flown into town for a visit. We're driving home from the airport and I tell her that I was feeling the baby. She immediately puts her hand where my hand was and tells me she felt a tiny bump.

Is this possible? It's not that I don't believe her it just seems really early! She's had four kids though so I'm sure she knows what she's feelings. Just curious for opinions:flower:

Totally possible! I started to feel baby from outside 3 days ago (and from inside 6 days ago) and hubby got a chance to feel it just now (finally!!!) so yes you can :cloud9:

I have felt ours on the outside, as well as seen it. When hubby tries to feel, the baby stops kicking.. As soon as he falls asleep or gives up, baby kicks again haha

This is my first pregnancy started feeling proper kicks at 17 weeks. By the end of the week hubby and my MIL both got to feel them. Though I think it would be strange for her to feel a bump if you weren't feeling it at the same time from the inside. Definitely possible though!

yep yep yep!! started at 17 weeks for me and kept going. you can even see it popping in the spots bub kicks in... :) enjoy!

I say its completely possible but only because i've experienced it! I've only felt her from the outside twice. Once at 17+4 and again last night (she was actually very active last night!) They were very soft kicks/punches but hard enough to be felt by hand.

I've been feeling mine from the inside for just over a week (proper kicks) but I haven't put my hand on the outside to see if I can feel it as I didn't think you could this early!! I will definitely try now I know you can!

Ok, so here is a silly question for you ladies who are feeling it from the outside. How skinny are you? I'm not skinny at all, nice layer of fat to obstruct babies movements. lol So I figure it is going to be quite a while before I feel movement from the outside. I've been feeling movement for several weeks, In fact she is now REALLY active. Just wondered if you guys are all tiny little skinny things and that is why you can feel from the outside so early?

Ok, so here is a silly question for you ladies who are feeling it from the outside. How skinny are you? I'm not skinny at all, nice layer of fat to obstruct babies movements. lol So I figure it is going to be quite a while before I feel movement from the outside. I've been feeling movement for several weeks, In fact she is now REALLY active. Just wondered if you guys are all tiny little skinny things and that is why you can feel from the outside so early?

Yes i am or should say was on the slim side. i have put of 5 kg and i am 19wks and 5 days.

I have a quick question since this is my first baby. I've been feeling baby move around for about a week now ( not consistently just every now and again). Well today I am 17 weeks and my mother in law had just flown into town for a visit. We're driving home from the airport and I tell her that I was feeling the baby. She immediately puts her hand where my hand was and tells me she felt a tiny bump.

Is this possible? It's not that I don't believe her it just seems really early! She's had four kids though so I'm sure she knows what she's feelings. Just curious for opinions:flower:

with my daughter i felt kicks at 18w from outside at 21/22

with this one i felt kicks at 17w and husband at 17+2

A bump or a movement? cos i dont think at 17weeks you would feel an actual movement that caused a bump but you can feel a jerk or movement but not to cause a bump.
esp at 17weeks esp with your third. I've felt movement with this one since 16weeks this is my third and its strong and felt movement loads but today at 22weeks was the first id actually felt a bump made by a kick/movement. this is my third

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbishop
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->