Feeling "off". What's wrong?

babytobe

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I need some help figuring out what the heck is going on with my body. I'm going to call my midwife tomorrow but for now I thought I'd see if anyone could help me out!

I'm 27 weeks pregnant and I've just been feeling weirdly unwell lately. Sometimes I feel completely fine, but half the time I've been feeling really fatigued, almost shaky, light headed, restless and kind of queasy. I had low iron months before I got pregnant but everytime I've had my blood work done since I've been pregnant my iron levels have come back fine. I just had my blood work done again over a week ago so I'm assuming my midwife would have called me if something was low or off. I also just took the diabetes test last week so I'm assuming that's okay too (haven't heard anything). I keep eating every few hours to make sure my blood sugar stays level but that doesn't seem to be helping.

Could it be low magesium or potassium or something? I'm just tired of feeling like this and I think something must be off in my body! This is my second pregnancy and I didn't feel like this with my first. Any insight would be much appreciated. As I write this I'm taking a bath full of epsom salts and I do feel a bit better, so maybe it is low magesium?

TIA

Have you had your TSH (thyroid) level checked?
I think they do it routinely in most places.

Have you had your TSH (thyroid) level checked?
I think they do it routinely in most places.

I would assume they checked my TSH during my last round of blood work, but I will ask when I talk up the midwife just yo be sure. Thanks. Didn't think about that.

Some places still use outdated parameters for acceptable levels. It should be around 1, preferably no higher than 2. Some clinics still accept up to 5.5 as normal but that's too high, especially in pregnancy.

Definitely talk to your midwife about low magnesium too though.

I've actually been feeling totally fine now that I've been taking magesium, and sleeping like a baby too! So I'm thinking it was probably my magesium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->