feeling really demotivated!

dgirllamius

Lena's Mutter
Reaction score
:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I know I shouldn't be reading too much into the numbers on the scales, but I am becoming so obsessed with them!

I have been going to the gym now for about 5 weeks now. I started off with every other day but now I go every day (I kind of mix it up a bit - on even days I do an hour of cardio with at least 2 of these in the week HIIT training, and on odd days I do a 15 minute warm up on the treadmill/cross trainer and 35 minutes on Milon).

So here's the thing - I've been doing it for 5 weeks now, I have been eating the right amount of calories, eating right and no pigging out, exercise every day etc and those GOD DAMN SCALES DO NOT BUDGE! As a matter of fact, they are up and down between 90kg and 91kg, they just won't head south!

I have been measuring too and I have lost a few centimetres but I just feel so deflated that the scales don't show my efforts.

I have about 3 weeks left on my "sommerticket" before I have to renew my gym membership to full and if there's still no change then I'm going to head to the doctor.

But really, what the hell am I doing wrong? Am I building muscle and the difference between losing fat and gaining muscle just isn't showing yet? Clothes certainly feel less tighter and I managed to get my fat gut into a size 16 t-shirt which I had no hope of getting in before I started the gym.

Totally. Uterrly. DEFLATED!

Help!

it will be because your muscle is building as your loosing weight. muscle weighs more than fat so as you loose 1lb of fat you could be building 1.2lbs of muscle so the scales wont budge but your body mass is going down.
perhaps drop back to every other day atthe gym, give your body time to repair the muscles and time to metabolise the fat and i think the fat/muscle weightloss/gain will even itself out.
if i vigourously exercise everyday i don't loose weight. so i do the vigourous stuff every other day and do yoga every day to help relax the muscles but also keeps my daily activity high without doing anything too intense that will cause muscles to build too quickly (causing a bulky end result)

I know it's HARD not to obsess over a stupid number! I am SO close to my goal weight- but now my body is fighting me every step of the way- I finally just said, Oh well! LOL. I will go into maintenance mode for a while- give myself a break and try again later. During my many months of weight loss- there were weeks I'd lose, some I'd gain- others I'd go several weeks NO CHANGE! It's hard- but, if you stay the course, it will pan out. Sometimes, I would give myself a full on cheat day just to eat whatever, not workout- and that shock to my body actually helped when I'd start back up the next day... go figure.

Our bodies also get "comfortable" at a certain weight for sure- I swear! Every weight I'd been at for any length of time- my body would just stay there and I really had to struggle to get below... then I'd hit another platueu.

How did you calculate your calories? Maybe your not eating enough? Especially if your working out daily- for instance, if I can eat 1,600 daily to lose, and I work out 400-500 calories, I still eat more to get that nutrients back. So I'm actually eating about 2,000 calories a day. Just a thought. I used the loseit app to track my food/excercise- and it was a great motivator for me- I still use it to maintain. As I can easily go over if I'm not watching it ;)

btw- it certainly cannot hurt to get checked out- there are hormones that regulate things and can affect our weight loss/gain... like the thyroid. If your doing everything right, and still no real results, then hey, can't hurt to rule out other possiblities- or- if there are other things going on, least you'd know.

I do count my calories and I burn about 400 at the gym. I roughly eat 1850 a day so I'm getting 1450ish. This is what myfitnesspal is telling me to eat and I add my exercise and end up with 1850ish.

I'm going to try some things like have a cheat day and have an all out pig out. I'm also going to cut my exercise down a little bit for a few weeks and let my body recover. If there's still no change then I'm going to go to the doctor. Funny thing is I can lose weight no problem without exercise (I managed to get down to 82kg at the beginning of the year but managed to put it back on again very easily) so I don't think there could be anything medically wrong.

Sounds like your doing it right hun- it could just be your building muscle-- if your slimming down and just not seeing the scale lower, it might just take more time. I know- not fun! I have no patients when it comes to weight loss- lol- I certainly have times I'll platueue though for several weeks before suddenly I lose more. So it could be simple as that? IDK. But can't hurt to get checked just in case either way :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->