Feeling really discouraged what am I doing wrong :(

BANANA HATRED! :rofl:

I was just warning her that a large banana can have 200 calories in, some people will buy a bunch of bananas thinking 'its fruit, it will be low in calories' and then munch on them throughout the day, not realises they are eating 200 calories a pop! I craved bananas in pregnancy and put on a lot of weight due to them as i would have about 10 a day (as well as normal meals) without realising how many calories they were, oops! And now i'm having to diet to get rid of that silly banana weight! Lol.

People should be warned of the dangers of bananas! :haha:

I know! What's with all this banana hatred? 200 calories isn't alot at all and I'd rather eat a 200cal banana than a 100cal chocolate bar.

I wouldn't! Mmmm... chocolately goodness... :winkwink:

curious question: did eat 10 a day but not move much in a day? when i was pregnant with 2nd got spd so sat around and ate lol.

Hehe, yes! Didn't move at all really, and i didn't even have SPD! Lol. Well, i walked around the office a fair bit for the first 6 months, it was the last 3 months when i moved back home and just lay in bed all day surpounded by bananas that i think it did the most damage, oops! Lol.

A good calorie counter is https://www.myfitnesspal.com/ I've used this for a year or so - and although I've lapsed its always got me back on track. xxx

That's what i use too ^^^ They also have a great forum with loads of info x

Heya. All the loverly ladies are right you need to track what you eat properly. Those little snacks here and there on top of the food could add up to too much or too little.

You need to find out what your BMR is and then work out how much you should be eating for your weight. Everyones diet should be different based on their size etc.

I use a calorie tracker which also tracks the rough proportion of protein, fat, carbs etc I have. So you can have a more varied diet to make you healthy. The main thing for weight loss is calories but to be healthy there are other things (like fat content) to think about.

I am torn on what to tell you about scales. Sometimes I wanna through mine out, and people (including me) become slaves to them. But some people find it hard to see inch loss for a while. I use the s ales once a week and measure every other week. Often one moves but not the other but it keeps you motivated as long as one does!

On the exercise someone made a valid point earlier, our bodies adjust to the exercise we do, so you do need to mix it up occaisionally. But without knowing much about your situation I don't know if it's 'enough'. From experience it is better to build up gradually with exercise though.

Fingers crossed you see some progress soon!

X

Banana Lady is right :haha: Banana's are good for you but if you want to speed up your weight loss its best to stick to fruit like apples, berries, oranges etc :thumbup: Grapes is the other fruit that while good for you, wont speed up your weight loss as much as the other fruits :thumbup:

Am I banana lady? :haha:

I love bananas. Lots of goodness packed into them and great to up calorie intake for the day. I have atleast 1 a day, sometimes even 2. And I've lost a shed load of weight. It's all about hitting the right numbers for the day with a balanced diet :)

I don't think you're eating enough. Sounds mad, right? But it sounds as if the type of foods you're eating are right (although i'd ditch the low-calorie/diet type foods - full of sugar and other nasties usually instead of fat), but if you're feeling dizzy then you are probably not eating enough.

Try and eat some more protein. Do exercise that builds lean muscle - I don't mean become a mad body builder, but 20 mins of gentle cardio won't do much to be honest hun, but better than nothing I guess. Lifting weights builds muscle, muscle burns calories than fat, even when you're sat on the sofa :haha: You won't become some sort of muscle-woman because you don't have the right hormones to do so. You don't want little girly weights that you can wave around easily either. Total waste of time! You should be struggling to compete sets of repetitions, not waving them around! One last thing about muscle - if you build muscle whilst you lose weight, it'll still be there when you've lost all the weight. If you maintain the muscle and eat right, you'll keep the weight off.

Don't just go on a diet, change your lifestyle or you'll put all the weight back on. You have to get out of the habits that made you fat in the first place, and this means getting out of them for life, and treating yourself occasionally. Being slim doesn't have to be all about deprivation, but you do need to exercise some self-control if you're not naturally that way.

ps: metabolism can be changed. you're not stuck with low metabolism for life, it just means you've got very little lean muscle and don't need very many calories to sustain what little muscle you've got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->