Feeling really down.

KFrey

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!
I found out yesterday I have gestational diabetes for my second pregnancy. It was not a surprise but I don't know if it just hit me because I haven't been eating so great and I think that's because I KNEW I was going to have to change my diet. Hindsight though I am feeling like a bad mom. I will do better now but if I knew I was going to have it I should have been eating healthy this whole time. I don't want my son to have any issues.

I am feeling so down. I am so tired. Life keeps throwing curve balls at me and instead of feeling stronger and working through it I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. We just moved to Texas so we have no help and a 20 month old. My husband stays home with our daughter and will be staying home for a couple years. My company just changed their health insurance policy and I feel like wow I just relocated and now you are going to shaft me with lame benefits... I'm just feeling financially pressured. It may have something to do with the fact that we just went away for the weekend for a wedding and spent at least $400 on gas, food, hotel... I just wasn't expecting all that. I feel like I don't have a handle on everything.

I just want everything to work out... I know it always does but I hate feeling overwhelmed constantly... in fact I don't think I can take being like that.

GD doesn't happen because of something you did, and it's not something that you could have controlled even if you knew about it early. In the grand scheme of things it really is one of life's most random occurrences that can happen to anyone. You haven't done anything to hurt your LO! They are JUST fine, baking away in that belly and have no idea what's going on in your life. I wish I had more words of comfort, but just know that you've got a wonderful support system here on the internets if it seems DH just doesn't understand sometimes :hugs: I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks so much for the kind words!! I feel better today. My baby girl (20 months) came down with a fever yesterday and everything that was affecting me didn't seem to matter anymore. She woke up feeling better this morning so I feel on top of the world. Well kind of... pretty tired :)

Keep your chin up! As John Lennon sang...nobody told me there'd be days like these...and boy do they suck! (Okay I made that last part up.) Being pregnant is hard enough without life chucking all sorts of little problems your way. I think we all have days where it just seems unfair to bear the load. And then the next day we laugh and think...honestly, things aren't so bad!

What dissysunshine said!!
Lol
Man that was sweet!
And so true. I'm glad you are feeling better, and your baby girl too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->