Feeling Really Down :(

MagicBracken

Reaction score
Had a midwife appointment this morning, only to find that LO has moved back out of my pelvis. Was fully engaged at last appointment according to my notes and now it says 3/5s palpable so we have taken a backtrack, although my bump is still quite low down.

Have been having bad shooting pains in my cervix and midwife tells me this will get worse as he engages further and now has told me she things i will go overdue so she doesnt want to see me again until 9th feb which is 4 days after my due date where she will give me a sweep!!

Is it normal in a first pregnancy not to see a midwife after 38 weeks until your overdue?

I jsut feel really disheartened now as i was convinced things were moving in the right direction and i was going to be able to meet my little boy soon but now it seems further and further away :( :nope::cry:

Have you got a birthing ball as Midwives told me it encourages baby to move down. Also walking helps too. If he has been engaged once he should do it easy again. Keep positve:thumbup:

Gym ball argos £6 mines brill for comfort

babies can certainly move in and out of the pelvis, so doon't be disheartened because he has popped back out. I had a slightly dissapointing 38 weeks appointment too in a way because from 34 weeks my boy has been only 1/5 engaged, so come 38 weeks and he is STILL 1/5 I was pretty gutted, especially as I had been getting strong BH that weekend.
Also the 2 week gap in appointments is normal. I too won't see my midwife till 40+4 for a sweep.

Don't worry, our boys will make an appearance when they're ready. They're probably just too cozy and warm in there! x

Aw try not to feel too down about it hun, this happened with my first and he re-engaged really fast. Try going for a nice walk and above all relax!! :hugs:

My baby popped out to 3/5s too at 38 weeks, he came 2 days before his dd so don't worry!
Agree with the PP about birthing balls though, get bouncing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->