Feeling sad :(

Timtilly

Reaction score
19+2 but still no movement. Midwife hasn't said anything about placenta being in a funny position. All otherwise well.

Hoping I feel something soon.

Xxxx

Your first baby?
Dont worry you will feel something soon - mine came from nowhere there was nothing then loads the next day xx

Awww, I'm sure you'll feel something soon! :hugs:

oh me too :( apparently its normal for first time mums though. not feeling movement until anything up to 24 weeks!! i hope i do soon too

Is this your first one?? My sister just had her first baby in April. She told me that she felt NOTHING until about 24 weeks. But, I've been feeling movement since about 17 weeks. It ALL depends on the person and the pregnancy. DON'T worry!! Give it a few more weeks and I'm sure you'll start to feel things. <3

Have you had your anomaly scan yet? They thought I had a anterior placenta at 13wks and it was confirmed yesterday. At 19+ wks with #4 I've still yet to feel anything I can definitely say is baby.
It'll come though so don't panic, I won't worry until around 24 weeks.

I didn't feel obvious kicks until 19-20 weeks with my first. You will feel baby soon I am sure.

I didn't feel anything until I was nearly 20 weeks. It was great being able to tell the sonographer that I had felt some movement, but it wasn't an awful lot of movement, I was just too excited about it so had to tell everyone lol. Don't worry too much about it, everyone's different!

I am 23 weeks and with The girl I have an anterior placenta and very rarely feel anything (it's starting to get more as she grows and takes up more space though). With the boy I feel him constantly. It's weird feeling one twin much more than he other. Especially as the sonographer said the girl is the more active one! They didn't realise I had an anterior placenta until the 20week scan though.

I didn't feel movement with my first until 19-20 weeks and it was only about 2-3 times a day, maybe you are just missing them! (ie when baby is in the right position for you to feel them, you are doing something that is distracting you?) I know its really common to not feel anything until 24weeks but here are a few things that you can do where you might catch a kick or two! Eat something really sugary (chocolate usually does it for me lol) and drink something sugar and cold (I usually go for Sunny D or chocolate milk) if you can't handle any sugar drink a super cold glass of water, lay down completely flat (put a pillow behind your head for comfort <3) make sure your belly is bare (ie life up your shirt so your belly is exposed <3) and perhaps watch some tv (dont put your hand on your belly or anything) give yourself at least 2-3 hours, you might be able to catch something if baby gets in the right position! a kick might feel like a twitch, a popping feeling, flutters or like gas bubbles so pay attention! :) hope you start feeling those kicks soon <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->