Feeling sad.

gemini xo

Reaction score
As I told the girls over at 3rd tri, I had my little boy at 35 weeks & 3 days. He's doing really well, was taken out of his incubator yesterday and was put into a cot. I'm lucky to have my boy with me this early & to see him but I just wish I could of stayed pregnant 5 more weeks because I hate leaving him, it's the worst feeling ever as some of you probably know. I feel so emotional all the time & could just cry when I'm at home because he's not here neither is my bump.

His only problem is feeding, he's being tube fed & the nurses are trying him with a bottle on some feeds. They all keep saying "he's getting there" but that's it, I know that's all I'm waiting on him improving on a bottle and the nurses keep saying to me he will probably be in til his due date. :cry:

i really feel for you, i was so lucky that Sydnee didnt have to stay in hospital without me. I hope hes home soon :hugs:

It is dependant on when he feeds, so encourage him with a bottle when you can. They do give you a time frame of the due date, my LO didnt get out til a week before her due date - so that was almost 12 weeks we waited! :(

It sounds as though your LO just needs to feed? If so it shouldnt be long! His weight is grand.

wow 5lb 4oz at 35weeks, my lo wasn't prem but 4lb 7oz, but also took a while to get him to feed they gave him 20mins max to drink from bottle and the rest was put down his tube in his nose. we were both in for a week until he was feeding well and i had recovered. but chin up he will get there and will be home in no time

They always say their due date is when they say they usually come home.

My girls were born at 29 weeks and they were home 4 weeks later at 33 weeks gestation. It all depends on the care he needs and the time he takes to get better.

My girls came home at 4lb and 3lb something so weight is not the issue for certain NNU's x

Abby was born at 29 weeks. We were told "due date" too. Abby started properly taking a bottle after 3 weeks. It only took her a couple of weeks to take most of her feeds that way and a week later she was home. Fingers crossed your LO will be home before that.

Hey huni

Matthew was born at 33+4 and 3lb11oz he was in hospital for 17 days in total and like your lo getting feeding established was his main setback, once he gets the knack of it he will soon he draining his wee bottles. At 35 weeks gestation his suck reflex will quickly kick in as this is one of the last things babies develop.

What is your lo's name hun and when your beginning to feel a bit more settled we'd love to see a pic, were all a tad broody in here :blush: xx

Ethan was born at 36+1 - he initially had feeding issues, couldn't sustain his temp and had jaundice but still came home after a week at 37wks. I remember when me and hubby had to leave him in Neo Natal that first time - we just went to a local pub for a meal as I couldn't face going home without him. We just ate and cried lol Fingers x for you x

Thanks girls! :D His name is Joe & I will post a picture up of him very soon when I get the chance.

He's doing alot better, he is on 56ml every 4 hrs and he is having 40-50 mls of a bottle the past few days. The nurse who is looking after him says he is going to be 37 wks gest on Wednesday so hopefully he's ready to go home soon after that? None of them are telling me when but I'm pretty sure they have an idea now of when he will come home, he also had his hearing test done and the nurse who done that yesterday said "Joe is due home by the end of the week?" because their do the hearing tests every Monday and she says she rings up and does the babies who are due home.. :confused:

It sounds like he is doing brilliantly. Every 4 hours is great! The fact that thye are mentioning home is great but they never give a date cos they dont want to get your hope up and then it not happen. It sounds like it wont be long, they probably do have no idea, its all up to him :hugs:

fantastic progress hun. Hope Joe is home with you real soon xx

Hi ya

Please, please don't feel sad! Be happy and positive. You are one of the lucky ones if you hear other peoples story. Your baby weight's good, he'll soon feed properly and presto he's home. if the nurses say he's getting there, then he is. it's hard to leave your LO in hospital when you see everyone else take theirs home but the important thing is to stay positive, because your LO is in good hands.

I've been there twice at 28 and 24 weeks, 2lbs and 1lb. The girls are 9 and 4 and very healthy. Whilst they were in hospital i used to say to myself that as long as there's no urgent phone call from the hospital then everything is under control. I had to be brave for them to pull through.

Cheer up, both of you are doing fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->