Feeling so not ready for baby #2

Rachel89

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:

We have ttc'ed for baby #2 and have been so happy that we conceived. But now that I am in the final stretch (baby due end of January), I feel so unprepared. OH asked me last night: 'I was thinking about what you did to convince me to make another baby :haha:'. And so I said: 'Me too'. Nothing serious, but I expected him to be nervous (mostly for financial reasons), but not for me to be nervous.

Anyone else experiencing this? I don't feel like I regret it, but I do feel a bit scared for the unknown. I am a SAHM, and don't know how I am going to juggle a 3 year old and a newborn. With my first breastfeeding got cut right away, since I had a breast reduction they all told me I couldn't do it, and gave baby bottles when I slept and baby never wanted to latch after that. And this time I am very prepared for breastfeeding but don't know how I am going to juggle it all. So I guess I am just nervous!

Anyone else?

Yes me! I have a 19 month dd and am due with a little boy in the 7th of Jan. It was very much planned but my toddler is going through a very clingy, fussy phase and I do wonder how on earth I will cope with a newborn thrown into the mix! I have days where I seriously wonder if we made the right choice to go for a small gap! Oh well, too late now anyway!

The way I look at it is we will cope because we have no choice and in a years time things should be getting easier!

I have just started sorting clothes and things out for no 2 and am feeling slightly better the more organised I become!

Your not alone!! I wanted this baby so bad, but now I am petrified that I am going to lose my mind!! I have a 5 year old who will be in school for 4 months after the baby is born until summer vaca and a very needy 2 year old. I just hope this baby is easy going and not a screamer 24/7. My parents and even husband know how things are and have asked me how I am going to do it, so now I have really doubted things!

I could have written that! Mine is due next week and I have a three year old.
We've come a long way, he wasn't always the easiest but we have this great settled routine that suits us both and 95% of the time we have really happy fun days! He loves being routine, we eat at the same times and nap and bed at the same times, with lots of different things/people to see going on in the day to change it up.
Now I'm adding this total unknown quantity in and I'm feeling arrrggghh!
Ds is an amazing sleeper too, has been since 6 months, and now I'm going to have a new little boy waking us all up all night!
I'm just trying to look for the positives of which I think there are many!
Sibling to play, grow with, love, learn from for the rest of their lives. Another happy little face to join us, all the fun we'll have on family holidays, weekends playing in the park, dh taking the boys camping for the weekend etc!
I'm from a big family and would like three overall, so I'm just trying to swallow the panic!

Oh yes Hun very nervous about everything. My son will be almost 21 months when we have her. I'm going to try breastfeeding again and I'm hoping that will work out. Worried about how tired I will be with both kids. I know I will get used to everything my body and mind it's just hard to think of how I will juggle it all and not go insane lol!

I'm feeling nervous too. Sometimes it's hard enough coping with one child, the idea of coping with a 3 year old and newborn terrifies me. I'm worried about sleep deprivation, how my toddler will react, finances, breastfeeding not working out and pretty much everything else. Still no going back now!

I also have a 3yr old and wonder how I'm going to handle a second one. Especially when DS is having a bad day. :nope:

I've got two kids 3 & 1
I'm terrified but we cope because we have to . It always gets easier and it's all worth it x you'll do great girls X

Same here, only i am due any day :)
I worked full time and DS been in nursery or with grandma since 8month, so i have no idea what to do with him all day every day (he still do 2 mornings in nursery)plus baby :) as i probably will be SAHM for some time, i need to find my way around it :)

It's completely normal to feel that way Hun, I have 3 kids already (4 with my step son) and we tried for this baby through lots of heartache of losses and even though this baby is so very wanted I still doubt myself, I worry that I won't cope with another etc, but it's normal to doubt yourself, it's stepping into the unknown isn't it, I have 3 kids and I'm used to raising 3 kids but your head starts worrying and you start thinking but can I cope with another, I felt it with every baby iv had and you learn to adapt, I love my kiddies so very much, we wouldn't be human if we didn't doubt ourselves! You will do great x

This was so me with my 3rd! I was desperate for a 3rd, DH took some convincing an then I spent most of the pregnancy worried that I had made a big mistake pushing for another LO :blush:. Don't get me wrong I felt really blessed to be pregnant but I was freaking out a bit! Then I was induced and while we were at the hospital walking around we kept hearing newborns crying and DH would say "aww that will be us very soon, isn't it great! :D" and I was just casually hyperventilating and trying to stop myself from running away :blush: :haha:. But she has been the easiest transition so far and I love having a 3rd.

Me too! I have a 22 month old and have a c-section scheduled for Dec 9th! Feeling nervous for sure!

Haha yep! My mom tried to reassure me and says it's like having cold feet before you get married (although I never experienced that). I'm worried about a few things in particular, like my DD feeling left out or ignored, being so tired that I'm not a good, patient parent (I'm really such a bitch when I'm tired and so much less patient with my daughter), and of course I'm wondering how I could possibly love another kid as much as I love my first born. My daughter is so sweet and wonderful and just perfect (in my non-biased opinion of course - hahaha) - how could this one compare?!

I know it's just the jitters and I'm sure I'll feel totally confident once the baby is born and I get in the swing of things. Soon enough it will be the new normal. Try not to worry. It will all fall into place and it's normal to be nervous!

You'll find yr way. Each family has different needs, no one can tell you what to do. If you're gonna be a SAHM, try to enroll the older children in community programs (Canada). They can offer you 2 hr breaks from yr young child, and give you some breathing room. See if you can have family help out on a schedule. Ask MIL or other close members to look after your young one 1 morning/week at their place! Make it always the same day. It's a win win fr them. Make a schedule. It'll give you something to hang on to. Let yr OH take the older ones swimming once a week after work. There are a lot of small things you can do to take the full load of of you or to create little pockets of breathing space.
You'll probably just fall into a routine. You'll be fine!

I'm petrified! I have a 4 year old who has started acting up suddenly and im thinking it's because of the changes that are about to happen, even though he's very excited for a baby..he's already planning our 3rd ee.. im excited about having a baby again, but worried how it's all going to balance. I also raised my 4 year old alone for the first 3 years and now he has a new daddy who is wonderful, but still new..and I'm used to doing things my way...it feels like such a mess - a lucky and beautiful mess, but still very scary.

Im so scared! this is my fourth boy! and our house is a mad house with all the energy and the roughness of boy play!! I have no idea how i will manage especially during the summer break when they are home all day bored and picking on each other with a baby crying in the back ground!!!! but it will pass too fast Im sure of that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->