Feeling so unattractive these days.

fashionlover

Reaction score
I had a good cry tonight because I am feeling so fat and ugly. My husband has been really sweet about telling me I look beautiful. I have never been the type to feel like I need someone else to validate my looks, but I just can't help but notice that people stare at me. :shrug: I am getting into the very uncomfortable phase where everything I wear looks hideous on me and my confidence is so low. :nope:

Aw :( that sucks. I was the exact same. I like clothes (buying/ wearing) and am very fashion forward but always thought what's the point because I look huge!? You will get bigger - so you've got to just remain positive! Please go shopping, it really helped me a few weeks ago. I just bought a few cute maternity dresses from Topshop after saying I wasn't going to because I only had 5 weeks left at the time but I felt so good afterwards.

I bet you look beautiful. I felt I really started to glow in the last few weeks so hopefully you'll feel like that too! 29 weeks was a funny time I felt. I felt out of shape and just plain fat. But as I said you will get bigger but you'll look like a stunning pregnant woman! Hugs :hugs:

Just wait! I'm 39 weeks and miserable! I have like 3 things that fit me, and I feel hideous when I go out. I just keep telling myself that this is only temporary. I'm not gonna butter you up... it gets worse! I would do anything to look 29 weeks again lol

I know the feeling.

My husband keeps trying to convince me he thinks I'm sexy... and I'm just like "there's nothing sexy about a beached whale!" as I desperately try to roll myself out/off the bed so I can waddle to the bathroom.

I went shopping yesterday and bought a skirt, a dress and some accessories. Not maternity stuff just two sizes up that I may wear again after the birth if I am still fat. It's weird being this big and knowing I still have 84 days to go so I will only get bigger :(.

My face looks puffy and I am so massive with an outy belly button which I hate!!! Have to keep telling myself it will all be worth it!! 6 weeks to go .....

Same here.
At the moment I have a stinking cold and yesterday I was rocking a large black polka dot nightie, a hair clip scraping my fringe back, a white fluffy robe and pink socks.

Teamed with a bright red nose. Sexy!

I am SO GLAD I'm not the only one feeling like this.

What makes it worse is that people keep telling me I look good, but I just KNOW that I don't. I've always been slim, and I was so excited to get a big bump, I've looked forward to it for years. What I didn't really think about was the weight I'd put on elsewhere. My bum, legs and back look huge (to me) and none of my clothes fit, I have nothing to go out in.

I said that I wasn't going to buy too much maternity stuff because I didn't want to waste money, but I wish I had now. It's too late now to justify buying new clothes.

Also, I have missed out on this 'pregnancy glow' that you always hear people talk about, people just tell me I look tired all the time!

I'm so proud of my body for growing this baby, but I really can't wait to get her out now and try and get my body back to normal!

Hey, at least people aren't telling you that you look shit lol!

OH keeps telling me I look beautiful, but the occurance of stretch marks on my belly that have only just arrived at 37 weeks, puffy face, hands & feet & barely fitting into anything tell me otherwise..plus I only went & bloody got oil burns on my face last night when making dinner, so now I am prob going to have dirty burny marks on my face for first pics with baby, nice! :p

I agree with lolita1990 u should defo go shopping! Even if its just to buy one or 2 pieces of maternity clothes it will make u feel a lot better! I picked up some maternity jeans that I wear with stretchy primark tank tops and cardis and you feel a whole lot better about urself! Or treat ur self to a dress or blouse! I've only bought a couple of pieces and was one of theses people who was adamant I wasn't goin to waist money on maternity clothing but it made me feel a lot better and a lot comfier!

Also notice primark have started doing maternity jeans, new look and Asos do lots on like and matalan so doesn't have to be expensive! Good luck and hope u feel better soon xxx

I feel totally awful for saying this but I am so glad im not alone!
I feel absolutely hideous, and I know I look hideous too!
everyone else I see who is pregnant looks lovely, I just look like a hippo!
I feel disgusting and lumpy in every outfit I wear, I feel ugly, fat, useless most of the time!
OH goes on how im making a big deal out of nothing and I 'look no different' which makes me feel worse!!! do I ALWAYS look this bad then? urgh!!!!
totally with you x

I am so glad to hear I'm not the only one feeling this way. I am not so glad to hear it gets worse, but I guess that's the name of the game. I have bought myself a few maternity pieces throughout the months (leggings, pants) but I am so uncomfortable in anything but dresses. Thankfully, I run a vintage clothing company and have collected these amazing caftans that are so comfy to wear. My husband calls them blankets and hates when I wear them in public, but I give him the middle finger to that one haha! I think I would feel ok, i I didn't have so many weddings and public outings I have to go to in the next two months. How does a pregnant woman this far along look elegant at such events? Not to mention I can't dance or do any of the things I love to do at weddings...except eat..arrrrghh

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->