• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling so weird on Progesterone tablets :(

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
I had a MC on July 20th, got pregnant again soon after without a period. On Saturday I bled a small amount of red blood. More than spotting but it stopped immediately. My doctor put me on Progesterone tablets, twice a day vaginally.
After about 30 minutes I felt nauseated and just very pregnant which seemed fine. But tonight I woke with very weird feelings in my stomach. For one I am very bloated and my stomach is bubbling loudly...then my uterus feels achy or almost crampy at times and just like something is going on inside, almost like vibrations or even a pulsating, thumping feeling sometimes. It definitely is keeping me awake, I have been waking every hour and peeing a storm on top of that.
I guess I just want to know if this is normal. I am worried about losing baby. I have read about women cramping after progesterone supplementation and going on to have a miscarriage because it was not meant to last.

I am probably about 6 weeks along my the way. My scan showed everything is a bit smaller than we expected.

I think it's normal hun, just means your body is building a comfy home for your baby, the progesterone helps with all that!!

progesterone would never cause a miscarriage. It also won't prevent a miscarriage if it's because of anything other than progesterone deficiency.
Hope youre doing ok. I had progesterone up until 16w this pregnancy and had a lot of the feelings you describe. xx

Unfortunately progesterone's side effects are similar to PMS which is also similar to early pregnancy symptoms, so it's hard to tell. It could all be normal, but if you do loose baby (I had a mc) so I understand, and as hard as it is, it is usually because of a chromosomal abnormality, or wasn't meant to be if you prefer. At least they are doing something to encourage your body to hold onto it. Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->