Feeling uneasy-7 wk transvaginal ultasound

Agreed. Do you have the option of using a lab outside of the zoning? You just need the requisite from your doctor. With that you should be able to choose where u can go and maybe get some answers asap. Every time I hear stories like this I'm so grateful that when I was pregnant with my first 16 yrs ago I got in with a good obgyn but more importantly the hospital he is attached to. He's an old goat now but the hospital he's with is top of the line care and services. Plus it's across from sick kids so I always felt IF there should be any immediate urgency with my baby I'm right with the experts. Bit of peace of mind. Grrrrr prenatal problems lol

Unfortunately I am pretty sure the rules are provincial wide because I haven't heard about any exceptions. They are even talking about making it illegal for people to have private scans that identify gender prior to 20 weeks.

Nah. I live in Toronto and I deliver at Mt Sinai hospital. The women's unit does my ultrasounds and they tell me gender and everything. They showed me the zones in this city. Or better yet the hospitals that are excluded. This is just crazy and out of control though right?

I've got a tilted uterus and had 3 scans (6, 6+4 and 7+4). First two were trans vaginal and third was abdo. We saw a HB all 3 times but here they don't let you listen to it anyways but she showed me it flickering and pulsing away. Can you ask for the report or request an appointment to go over what was seen?

:flow:

Nah. I live in Toronto and I deliver at Mt Sinai hospital. The women's unit does my ultrasounds and they tell me gender and everything. They showed me the zones in this city. Or better yet the hospitals that are excluded. This is just crazy and out of control though right?

It is crazy out of control in BC I spent the day before yesterday bawling my eyes out thinking something was seriously wrong with my baby because they have ordered a repeat ultrasound and wouldn't tell me why. They were going to leave me wondering for a week until my Dr. returned from vacation until I demanded an appointment yesterday with another doctor. Turns out they just couldn't see some stuff clearly because of my size....geez just say so instead of leaving me thinking the worst. It was totally ridiculous! Not knowing anything is the worst feeling ever, after all it is my child in there not the government's and yet they act like informing me is very low on their list of priorities. Ok rant over lol, happy new year.

It is crazy out of control in BC I spent the day before yesterday bawling my eyes out thinking something was seriously wrong with my baby because they have ordered a repeat ultrasound and wouldn't tell me why. They were going to leave me wondering for a week until my Dr. returned from vacation until I demanded an appointment yesterday with another doctor. Turns out they just couldn't see some stuff clearly because of my size....geez just say so instead of leaving me thinking the worst. It was totally ridiculous! Not knowing anything is the worst feeling ever, after all it is my child in there not the government's and yet they act like informing me is very low on their list of priorities. Ok rant over lol, happy new year.
Yea that happened to me with my last pregnancy. Told me the baby had a tilted heart. Turns out I'm just fat and have less than cooperative baby. I was not pleased. Caused me so much worry at the time. I'm sorry your province is so difficult. I work in medical records and we store for a lot of BC docs and all my patients complain about the health care out there. Xo Happy New Year!

Out of control indeed, sheesh!! Sorry to hear about your unpleasant experiences Insomniash and tryin4. I was looking forward to finding out baby's gender so we could start shopping and doing renos (we're putting new floors in the nursery before we paint) but sounds like that isn't happening anytime remotely soon...whose baby is this again, mine and my husband's or the government of BC's?

Even though the ultrasound clinic I went to for my first scan isn't super convenient after the positive experience I had there I think I'll book all my future ultrasounds at that location with the same technician if possible.

I'm just glad I have a good doctor and doctor's office.

Happy (baby!) New Year!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"