feeling uneasy

Juniperjan

Expecting no.2!
Reaction score
Has anyone ever worried about eating fruit that may have been sprayed with pesticides? I bit into a peach this evening and ate about a third of it before properly realising that it tasted disgusting. I had washed it but maybe not that thoroughly and now I am worried I have put my unborn baby at risk because of the possibility of birth defects.

Really wish I had touched it now. The rest are going in the bin :growlmad:

I have a stingy sensation on my lip so that's the only explanation..............

Unless you buy organic fruit, there are going to be pesticides. If you washed it, it should be fine. I ate un-organic fruit my entire pregnancy and my son is very much a normal 8 year old boy lol.

I honestly think your worrying to much. I never buy organic fruit, just can't afford it. And my toddler is.perfectly healthy...

Maybe you just don't like peaches anymore :). I wouldnt worry.

I honestly think your worrying to much. I never buy organic fruit, just can't afford it. And my toddler is.perfectly healthy...

This is exactly what I would have said. Same thing. I've eaten countless fruits that are not organic. I wash it off, of course. I have a 3-year-old who is just fine and I ate non-organic fruit my whole pregnancy with him.

Our tastes do change when we are pregnant. Often things that would taste fine normally become disgusting when we are pregnant. So far for me that's been pickles, lime flavor, steak, tomato, and some cheeses. It doesn't mean something is wrong with it; your tastes just change.

Maybe I am worrying too much....Thanks for your replies. Not much I can do now anyway but it has made me think a bit more about what I buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->