Feeling unmotivated and lazy.

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Anyone else? Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way.

I'm usually quite an active person and I'm always cleaning and doing the housework etc, getting out for walks when I can etc etc, but lately I really cannot be bothered to do a single thing. Last night after dinner I couldn't even get the energy to clean up the kitchen so I left it and got into bed, looked at it this Morning and felt like crying as I really couldn't face it :haha:

I had to force myself in the shower around 11am and I'd still done no cleaning, OH came in from a night shift and the poor man started cleaning the kitchen I felt terrible.

We are supposed to be heading out later to visit OHs parents, but I really cannot be bothered, I mean, it's only a ride in the car and then we are there!

What is wrong with me?!? :sleep::sleep::sleep:

I hear you mummy to be! I have some days - well weeks lately lol where I am just so unmotivated to do anything! I've been doing the absolute bare minimum lately. Thankfully today I had a little motivation and actually scrubbed my bathroom which was overdue. It's so hard because I'm getting so tired and using any energy I do have for DS Who is 2. Don't worry you're not alone! :)

You're definitely not alone! I get the same way some days too.

Of course now that I had motivation for a full weekend of baby prep, I had my trip to L&D so I'll be resting instead!

That is the thing, I have a 3 year old and I feel such a mean mummy at the moment as we don't get out much like we used too. I'm still waiting for that burst of energy I keep reading about lol.

I too have also been like this for months :( iv literally only had that "burst of energy" in the last couple of days to the point where dh keeps telling me to sit down!

Shx - I definitely won't hold out any hope then if you've reached week 38 and still haven't had the 'burst of energy' :haha:

It's funny, I don't ever remember feeling like this when I was pregnant with my DD.

Give it a week and you might get that burst of energy. I've had mine the last few days and I've been getting loads of cleaning done. When it comes to walking though I get very tired

Oh yes. Overdue here now and this is day 5 of afternoon naps vs housework. Naps keep winning.

Ive spent 3/4 of my pregnancy sitting or lying down complete opposite to how i was before getting pregnant.

Zero motivation here... I just lay around the house... I can hardly walk now and its been a couple weeks. I have this huge pressure on my hip in the lower right side of my back... And i literally cant walk. So getting things done around the house is out the window.... Its so oainful and I am so unmotivated. Have not set up anything for baby...no clothes washed.... Nothing. I need help around the house but Im afraid to ask cuz I feel so lazy. Im a mess....

Ive had ups and downs. Yesterday i had more energy than ive had in a while. So I did some organizing. But the day before that was a LAZY LAZY day I think there are more lazy days than anything. Im afraid I wont have my house the way I want it when baby is born. We will see. Hopefully the nesting stage will kick in early for us both :)

Ive had ups and downs. Yesterday i had more energy than ive had in a while. So I did some organizing. But the day before that was a LAZY LAZY day I think there are more lazy days than anything. Im afraid I wont have my house the way I want it when baby is born. We will see. Hopefully the nesting stage will kick in early for us both :)

I hope so.... I was laying here thinking about what I just typed up and realized that my LO could be here in four weeks or less (or more), but I should really have things settled for him soon..... Be seriously, I have no drive or energy...and I swear the walking problem is holding me back from eberything.... Dressing myself is hard... i hate getting dressed cuz everything is so uncomfortable... Im bigger than my last... Ive gained a lot of weight this time around and Im usually a slender gal....im pretty miserable now that I put it all out there.... And Im trying to get everything done by myself.... When is the nesting period supposed to kick in?

I hope so.... I was laying here thinking about what I just typed up and realized that my LO could be here in four weeks or less (or more), but I should really have things settled for him soon..... Be seriously, I have no drive or energy...and I swear the walking problem is holding me back from eberything.... Dressing myself is hard... i hate getting dressed cuz everything is so uncomfortable... Im bigger than my last... Ive gained a lot of weight this time around and Im usually a slender gal....im pretty miserable now that I put it all out there.... And Im trying to get everything done by myself.... When is the nesting period supposed to kick in?

Let's hope we get that burst of energy soon!

I could of written this myself, I hate getting dressed too I wish I could live in my pyjamas! With my first pregnancy I didn't gain much weight but this time I've gained A LOT and it's so uncomfortable :(

Layla&mummy: I am in the same situation. Low right back and hip pain BAD! It hurts to get dressed and most of the time it takes me 2 minutes to get moving without my leg giving out from the pain back there. I would live in m. Pjs too if I didnt live in such a small town and get looked at like a beggar. Nesting usually occurs a couple weeks before baby arrives. But it can come earlier too. ive gotten it in spurts but I think the REAL nesting will kick in just a couple weeks before baby decides he wants to come.

I'm looking forward to the nesting, maybe then I might get some jobs done around the house lol.

I'd love to venture out in my pyjamas, oh that would be just heaven, and I'd also love to venture out with NO bra!! Bras are horrid right now, sooo uncomfortable!

Ahh the joys of pregnancy :rofl:

For some reason I feel kept together in my bra and have even slept in one for years. Dh says to me ALL the time..... (while in bed) "why are you wearing a bra stupid?" Lol
Lately we've let a homeless girl stay on our couch and I REALLY don't feel comfOrtable going without one.
That is a whole other story there.
Ive also been having preterm contractions so been trying to keep my stress down. Having her here is not helping.

For some reason I feel kept together in my bra and have even slept in one for years. Dh says to me ALL the time..... (while in bed) "why are you wearing a bra stupid?" Lol
Lately we've let a homeless girl stay on our couch and I REALLY don't feel comfOrtable going without one.
That is a whole other story there.
Ive also been having preterm contractions so been trying to keep my stress down. Having her here is not helping.

Oh wow jz! That's so kind of you but it must be really awkward for you too, especially been pregnant :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->