feeling unsure

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
bit of backstory for you...This was with my first, Connah.

I went into labour with Connah 1 day early and the only pain i had was backache most of the day. It was severe but i slept it off,managed this as i felt totally and completely drained and unable to move.
I woke at 6pm, got a bath,did my hair etc then checked the hosp bag...all this time not actually realising i was in labour.

I watched a film with OH and when it was about to finish at about midnight i started to get the most immense pains every 4 minutes. I rang the hosp and told them i was coming in as the pain was awful.

Fast forward to getting there, had a brief internal where the mw said i was 7cm. Had some gas & air and my waters broke (went everywhere like something out of a film:dohh:)

I had no birth plan but i couldnt have asked for an easier time! I had no needles at all,no drips,no monitors etc...all quite natural. It lasted 4hours established and i was home after about 8hours in hosp.

this brings me to my point.....can it be like that again? I mean, i went in unprepared but ended up having such a good experience! Im just very worried that this time wont be so easy, like iv had my great experience and wont get it again?

This time i plan to have a home water birth,maybe some gas as pain relief if i need it,plan to have a managed 3rd stage...hopefully no needles in me or monitors etc...so quite like last time but at home.

My mw is very supportive of this and suggested it to me first off so thats great...but i cant stop the doubts that this time something might go wrong...:shrug:

Sorry if i sound negative:blush: Its hard to explain how i feel just now and my family arnt very supportive of my choice at all:nope: OH is on the fence too so thank god for my MW!

can anyone advise?xxx

Well what you could do and as your MW is supportive of it as well is plann for home. No matter what you still have the option of moving if you really feel you need to, I am kinda in the same boat as you but I am a little bit determined as the closed "medical" place is a labour ward and I dislike hospitals lol.

Will be seeing my MW tomorrow and am planning on going through all of my choices. If I can't do it at home I would prefer to go the extra 15 mins to the local Birthing centre than a hospital. Plus the labour ward is upstairs, and at the end of a long corridoor (sp? brain doesnt want to work) just seems a little mean to make contracting women either walk upstairs or go in a lift, then walk and possibly get lost (I did first time I went there for my anti D)

Do you think your family's negativity is being projected on to you a little bit? I absolutely believe, in fact I KNOW for a fact you can have it easy again!! I did!! Hebe and Sid's births were both amazing positive experiences and like you the only real difference was one was at home and one in the birth centre.

YOU birthed easily. Some women do and so I am sure you will again!! x

Do you think your family's negativity is being projected on to you a little bit? I absolutely believe, in fact I KNOW for a fact you can have it easy again!! I did!! Hebe and Sid's births were both amazing positive experiences and like you the only real difference was one was at home and one in the birth centre.

YOU birthed easily. Some women do and so I am sure you will again!! x

actually yeah it could be,sort of making me doubt my decision that i was so sure about in the first place x

Not sure exactly where you are in Sounpth Yorkshire but Sheffield have a really well established home birth support group and it's the Homebirth Conference this weekend in Sheffield too!

You and your OH could go along to the support group and maybe even yur close family members might find it helpful x

https://www.sheffieldhomebirth.org.uk/

Not sure exactly where you are in Sounpth Yorkshire but Sheffield have a really well established home birth support group and it's the Homebirth Conference this weekend in Sheffield too!

You and your OH could go along to the support group and maybe even yur close family members might find it helpful x

https://www.sheffieldhomebirth.org.uk/

thanks :) thats really interesting,im in doncaster but sheff isnt that far :D
Think ill take OH along and hopefully he will come round to the idea xx

lots of people find that when they go along to the support groups, it tends to help them to make a decision when they see that it's not such a radical choice! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->