Feeling weird & Light headed. Anyone else?

L

Lost7

Just recently I've noticed that just by standing up on the same spot a while or even sat down I feel light headed. Is there anything I can do to make it go away? Does anyone else suffer with this? Have you actually passed out?

I had it a few days ago but today is just the worst! I think one of us should google.. Tomorrows a bank holiday so it's not as if we can ask our doctors. :haha:

I don't remember this from any of my other pregnancies, unless I just have a terrible memory! :flower:

I'm glad it's not just me that's suffering but sad you are suffering too. Have you passed out, or just the feeling like you will?

I was really light heading until about 15 weeks or so. I kept feeling my heart racing and like I was going to pass out. I spoke to my MW about it and she just said that my blood pressure and pulse were fine (when she checked it!) and it was probably just part of pregnancy. It's stopped now which is reassuring!

I'm 18 weeks today, was kind of hoping I'd start 'glowing' pretty soon. It's already been a pregnancy from hell. :cry:

I see spots and get light headed a lot when pregnant. I have been close to passing out before. My OB told me its becuase my blood pressure suddenly drops. I was told to drink some juice and elevate my feet when it happens. It's definitely scary when it happened. I would mention it to your doc on our next visit.

Thank you, I will do. Hope what ever it is quickly subsides.

I had a day a couple of weeks ago where I felt a bit funny and my vision went a bit odd too, like the edges of the picture went all swirly. Went to the nurse at work to get my BP checked and it was fine.
Get yourself checked out - have your iron levels been ok? Maybe they've dropped a bit, I saw on another post that someone felt rough and suspected low magnesium levels, but took a bath in Epsom salts and started to feel better... unless I dreamt it!

Thanks hun, I'll book in with the doctors this week just to make sure!

Just tri hopping here because I had the same problem in my other pregnancies and found the answer.

In pregnancy your blood volume increases by something like 40% to support the baby and placenta. To allow for all that extra blood your veins need to expand. Sometimes that happens a bit quick and it takes time for your blood volume to catch up. That causes lower blood pressure. When you do something like stand up quickly your heart has trouble getting enough blood to your head quick enough because of the lower blood pressure. By the end of tri 2 it should go away. For me it was replaced by high bp :/.

Like the PP said anemia can cause dizziness too.

Another cause for dizziness can be low blood sugar. A lot of women need to eat more frequently in pregnancy.

I did think it may have been from getting up too quickly but I had been stood at least 10 minutes before the episode today. :shrug:

I get dizzy when standing too long in one spot ... like maybe in a queue ... but as soon as I sit or start moving Im fine again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->