• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Feeling your uterus?

kaitlyn_rose

Reaction score
Okay so this may seem like a silly question, but I've seen a lot of people posting about how they can feel their uterus. I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow and I think that it would be reassuring for me if I could feel it....BUT I have no idea what I'm feeling for or WHAT it should feel like at this point. Anyone?

I have been wondering the same thing! I cannot tell what my uterus is... I know it has moved up cause I have a doppler and I find the baby up much higher than the bone... but I still cannot really tell what my uterus is vs bladder, etc. I will be watching this thread to see if anyone can tell us what we are looking for :) Hopefully we both find our uterus's. I was reading it should be the size of a grapefruit... and then I was like ummm there is nothing grapefruit size in there. Or it is soft and I can't tell.

HA! I know exactly what you mean! I'm normally a whopping 107 lbs and very thin, very in shape. Now I'm 115 have this giant bump. I have friends who are 20 weeks and smaller than me =/ I know its all bloating because in the mornings it's a way smaller bump. I'm just so frustrated! I don't know what it should feel like anywhere around my stomach. I have a feeling I'm going to be massive towards the end of my pregnancy. mostly from bloating. I just wish I could tell what's uterus and baby and what is bloat.

HA! I know exactly what you mean! I'm normally a whopping 107 lbs and very thin, very in shape. Now I'm 115 have this giant bump. I have friends who are 20 weeks and smaller than me =/ I know its all bloating because in the mornings it's a way smaller bump. I'm just so frustrated! I don't know what it should feel like anywhere around my stomach. I have a feeling I'm going to be massive towards the end of my pregnancy. mostly from bloating. I just wish I could tell what's uterus and baby and what is bloat.

I am the same way! Minus the being in shape part... lol I need to workout more than 1 time a year. I am usually about 112 lbs and went up to 116 lbs at 5 weeks and then dropped to 110 lbs in the 10th week, but I still have this big bump too! By the end of the day... it is huge! And in the morning it is smaller as well. I want to be able to to tell between bloat and uterus as well. It is irritating not knowing. The other night, I got very stressed out and my lower abdomen got firm so maybe the uterus is right there.. and it is just too soft for us to distinguish? I have heard to feel it after an orgasm since it contracts a little bit. Maybe I will try that next time and report back!

It isn't really rock hard at that point, mine just started being quite hard. I was tiny too and had issues feeling mine until 15 weeks, at which point it was a good distance above my pubic bone. It felt like a lightly tensed muscle, not a hard lump. It also feels like you're pushing on an old bruise.

Hmm.. I will have to try and see what I feel. I will try after an orgasm too! I'll let yall know how that goes. lol. I think part of me just wants to reassure myself that everything is okay. I will be worrying all the way up until I can feel the baby move. At least once he or she is moving I know they are ALIVE!!! I keep freaking myself out for no reason of course. Wish I could get my hands on a doppler... unfortunately I have no money to spend =/

I think I may have just found it! about 2 inches belw my belly button and definitely above my pubic bone. It feels like someone put a tennis ball in my abdomen. Like a round lump but not super hard, just hard enough that it feels like a knot. I feel pretty excited right now :D

I think I may have just found it! about 2 inches belw my belly button and definitely above my pubic bone. It feels like someone put a tennis ball in my abdomen. Like a round lump but not super hard, just hard enough that it feels like a knot. I feel pretty excited right now :D

I found mine too! Last night after the big O, it got super firm for like 5 minutes. No actual cramps or anything, but it got firm and I could definitely tell that it was the uterus. It is way above my pubic bone, too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->