Feels like I've been punched in the gut. IVF Cyst.

How did it go?

Hi eabwhab! Thanks for asking! The retrieval itself went really well. I was only slightly sore after the procedure but very tired. I am still really tender around the abdomen (maybe my enlarged ovaries?) but for the most part, I feel ok. The doctor gave me Cabergoline pills to help prevent OHSS further. I am still sooooo scared of OHSS. I just keep reading horror stories (I know – bad idea!) and it's freaking me out.

I ended up having 12 mature eggs and 10 fertilized! We're planning on a 5 day transfer. How are you doing?! :hugs:

WOW Stella, congratulations, that is really good! How are your embies doing? How are you feeling? I think it is normal to feel sore afterwards, in the end they need to stick that needle inside to get the eggs. I hope you have avoided OHSS....

I am doing ok, but not great. Not many follies growing and a bit slow... Oh well, I am still hoping to get at least one good embryo. will do genetic testing no matter what due to my MC history. I am looking at ER this coming week. I will trigger Monday or Tuesday eve. I cannot wait.

Good luck!! :hugs:

WOW Stella, congratulations, that is really good! How are your embies doing? How are you feeling? I think it is normal to feel sore afterwards, in the end they need to stick that needle inside to get the eggs. I hope you have avoided OHSS....

I am doing ok, but not great. Not many follies growing and a bit slow... Oh well, I am still hoping to get at least one good embryo. will do genetic testing no matter what due to my MC history. I am looking at ER this coming week. I will trigger Monday or Tuesday eve. I cannot wait.

Good luck!! :hugs:

eabwhab I am going to keep crossing my fingers for you for those follies to grow. :hugs: I was a slow bloomer myself and then, all of a sudden, my follies spiked! I just kept telling myself – all we need is one.

I had my day five transfer yesterday. It went well! We transferred a single 7AA embie. Fingers crossed that he/she sticks!

Now… we wait. Feels weird waiting after so much nonstop. I'm not going to lie though… It's really nice having a little down time.

Stella, congrats on being PUPO!! Yeah, I think it is a bit strange to just sit and wait after so much going on. Will you test before your beta is due?
Di you end up with any frosties?

Here is my update: My appointment went better than I expected. Finally after 14 days of stimming I am ready for my trigger shot which is going to happen in about an hour. So ER scheduled for Wed morning. This protocol was really long and I am happy I am finally done with stimming.... Hopefully this time round it is quality vs quantity. I have 6-7 follies of similar size. Not much, but better than nothing. Hopefully they all give mature eggs and they all fertilize. I would be so grateful if I get one viable embryo! I am feeling way more optimistic than just a week ago, when only three follies appeared on the scan.

Keep me posted!

Stella, congrats on being PUPO!! Yeah, I think it is a bit strange to just sit and wait after so much going on. Will you test before your beta is due?
Di you end up with any frosties?

Here is my update: My appointment went better than I expected. Finally after 14 days of stimming I am ready for my trigger shot which is going to happen in about an hour. So ER scheduled for Wed morning. This protocol was really long and I am happy I am finally done with stimming.... Hopefully this time round it is quality vs quantity. I have 6-7 follies of similar size. Not much, but better than nothing. Hopefully they all give mature eggs and they all fertilize. I would be so grateful if I get one viable embryo! I am feeling way more optimistic than just a week ago, when only three follies appeared on the scan.

Keep me posted!

Oh yay eabwhab! I'm so happy to hear this! I had a feeling that things would turn around for you! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for your ER tomorrow! :hugs:

Here's our update: Our first Beta is scheduled for the 19th (exactly one full week to go). I don't think I will test before (we'll see if I can stand not testing as the date nears). I think I'll just wait it out though. We ended up with 3 frosties! I don't know how good those numbers are – but we're thrilled nonetheless. :happy dance:

Keep me posted on how your ER goes and good luck!!! :baby::baby::baby:

Stella, three frosties is great!!!! You are so strong to hold off POAS :)
I think I will test out the trigger as well. I would hate to see a false positive. Six more days until your beta! of course keep posted!

AFM: I had my ER today. It went smoothly. 7 eggs, but honestly I doubt they will all be mature. Still better than the way I started with only 3 follies growing :) DF and I had to decide about ICSI. He has no issues, but this new clinic does ICSI on everybody. The thing is, on our first VIF, out of 7 matures eggs, they did ICSI on 3 and none fertilized, and IVF on the remaining 4, 3 of them fertilized. RE said it was not because of the ICSI but egg quality.... So we did not know what to do with such small number of eggs. We did split again but majority ICSI. The head embryologist assured they have excellent fertilization rate. I am dreading the phone call tomorrow with the fertilization report....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->