Feels like I've been punched in the gut. IVF Cyst.

stellagirl

Reaction score
After years and years of trying. We finally decided to go for IVF. I've been on BCP for 2 weeks, spotting the entire time. Excited (and nervous – but mostly excited) to start meds this evening. Went to first ultrasound appointment only to find out that I have a cyst on my left ovary. Awesome.

I felt like crying. I still do.

Nurse says that she'll need to check with the Doc to determine whether I can start meds as planned or if we need to wait.

Totally crushed.

Has this happened to anyone else? Did you need to wait? Any encouraging stories? I could totally use it.

xox

Yes! Try not to worry too much. I know it's hard. I had a few cysts even with BCP. Then blood didn't come out good so we had to cancel the cycle, which was very disappointing. They gave me a stronger BCP and I had to wait 2 months because of my RE's schedule. The new BCP eliminated the cysts and here I am today...pregnant with twins :)

Yes! Try not to worry too much. I know it's hard. I had a few cysts even with BCP. Then blood didn't come out good so we had to cancel the cycle, which was very disappointing. They gave me a stronger BCP and I had to wait 2 months because of my RE's schedule. The new BCP eliminated the cysts and here I am today...pregnant with twins :)

Thank you so much for your speedy reply and congratulations on your pregnancy! Your story gives me hope. :hugs:

I've had 3 cycles cancelled due to cysts so far. So frusterating. Finally, last cycle I was clear of cysts and then they called to say my levels were not acceptable to proceed. :(

Finally, after priming with estrogen patches and ganirelix this cycle I've been able to move forward and I'm currently on day 4 of stims.

I thought I'd be in this stage back in November, but so thankful that I'm finally able to move forward now. So, long story short - yes, It happens but just stay positive and patient and your month will come.

It depends on the kind of cyst. I have endo and had/have cysts (endometriomas) on both ovaries it never stopped us during ivf. But as a previous poster said it can delay the cycle.

Good luck, I hope your first cycle gives you your take home baby. :hugs:

I've had 3 cycles cancelled due to cysts so far. So frusterating. Finally, last cycle I was clear of cysts and then they called to say my levels were not acceptable to proceed. :(

Finally, after priming with estrogen patches and ganirelix this cycle I've been able to move forward and I'm currently on day 4 of stims.

I thought I'd be in this stage back in November, but so thankful that I'm finally able to move forward now. So, long story short - yes, It happens but just stay positive and patient and your month will come.

Wow! I'm so happy to hear that you were finally able to start your stims. Sending lots of baby dust your way for this cycle! :baby:

It depends on the kind of cyst. I have endo and had/have cysts (endometriomas) on both ovaries it never stopped us during ivf. But as a previous poster said it can delay the cycle.

Good luck, I hope your first cycle gives you your take home baby. :hugs:

Thank you for your reply and kind words! Unfortunately, I don't know much at all. I went in this morning, hopeful, and ready to get this going. My Doc (who is just really amazing) has been very optimistic about our success via IVF. We are unexplained fertility and everything so far has been good as far as levels go. I just got so bummed when I heard the news that we may have to delay things. I have no idea if it's a big cyst, a small cyst, a producing cyst, etc. I'm just praying that we can continue on this roller coaster journey. :cry:

Hello Stella,

when I did my first IVF I had a cyst, about 12mm. But blood test came back fine and so we proceeded. I guess it depends on the doctors. Some doctors cancel if there is a cyst, even though blood test comes back fine. I think my cyst stayed pretty much the same during stimulation or if it grew, no more than other follicles.

I am now on my second fresh IVF. When I went fo the mock transfer I had a cyst. At the time the doc told me that if it was still there at my baseline appointment it was going to remove it vaginally with a syringe. So I guess it really depends on the clinic. Fortunately my cyst was gone (I was on BCP and for a week on Lupron )!

If your cyst is a leftover from previous ovulation it will go away within a couple of months they say. And if you are already suppressed, even earlier.

I forgot to mention that even if you have cysts you can still be allow to start stims as long as your estrogen level is low. But if your estrogen level is high, most likely they will postpone the cycle be because they don't want the cysts to grow bigger because of the hormones from stims. Hang in there. I'm sure your RE will be able to work it out with the cysts issue.

Hello Stella,

when I did my first IVF I had a cyst, about 12mm. But blood test came back fine and so we proceeded. I guess it depends on the doctors. Some doctors cancel if there is a cyst, even though blood test comes back fine. I think my cyst stayed pretty much the same during stimulation or if it grew, no more than other follicles.

I am now on my second fresh IVF. When I went fo the mock transfer I had a cyst. At the time the doc told me that if it was still there at my baseline appointment it was going to remove it vaginally with a syringe. So I guess it really depends on the clinic. Fortunately my cyst was gone (I was on BCP and for a week on Lupron )!

If your cyst is a leftover from previous ovulation it will go away within a couple of months they say. And if you are already suppressed, even earlier.

Thanks for your story! :) Sending lots of wonderful baby dust your way!

UPDATE! Doc's office called. We're moving forward with meds tonight! I guess he wasn't too concerned with the cyst. Excited, nervous, and oh-so-very hopeful. :blush:

That is great! So I guess your cyst was not "active" then. I start stimulation next Monday. Good luck!!!:dust:

UPDATE! Doc's office called. We're moving forward with meds tonight! I guess he wasn't too concerned with the cyst. Excited, nervous, and oh-so-very hopeful. :blush:

Oh so glad to read this!! I m on day 5 so we're close, thinking the most positive of thoughts!

That is great! So I guess your cyst was not "active" then. I start stimulation next Monday. Good luck!!!:dust:

I guess not! I definitely didn't question his decision. I was totally just excited to be able to start right away. :happy dance:

So excited that you start stims on Monday – our cycles are close! Sending lots of baby dust your way! :baby:

Oh so glad to read this!! I m on day 5 so we're close, thinking the most positive of thoughts!

Oh yay! Ditto! Sending lots of baby dust your way! :baby:

Today is my "day 3" so I guess we're only 2 days apart? Looks like I go back in for day 7 ultrasound and bloodwork… you?

stellagirl;35354259 Today is my "day 3" so I guess we're only 2 days apart? Looks like I go back in for day 7 ultrasound and bloodwork… you?[/QUOTE said:
I went in this morning. So far so good, I think. I am hoping beyond hope.

great Brooklyng! Are your follies progressing?

I read your other post. I am going to 40 in a few months too. Sometimes it is hard to keep hoping but there are plenty of success stories at our age. Wishing you the best. :hugs:

Good luck Stella, keep us posted!

I am just a few days behind you ladies. Starting stimming on Monday. Excited but frightened....
I hope this will be our take home baby!

:hugs:

Hi ladies! Any updates? How are you doing in your cycles?!

I just returned from my latest u/s and bloodwork (going in once every 2 days – it's actually kind of great to get so many updates) and I've been given orders to start ganirelix tomorrow morning. My doc is very confident that I'll be triggering on Friday after my scheduled u/s and bloodwork. So, I'd be looking at a ER on Sunday! So excited AND nervous!! :happy dance:

Sending baby dust your way! :baby::baby::baby:

Hey Stella,

nice to hear from you! Good luck with your trigger shot. I understand, ER is both exciting and scary!

I am doing well, on day 4 of stimulation. I wont go for monitoring until next Monday. I dont mind it, less stressful :)

Hey Stella,

nice to hear from you! Good luck with your trigger shot. I understand, ER is both exciting and scary!

I am doing well, on day 4 of stimulation. I wont go for monitoring until next Monday. I dont mind it, less stressful :)

Looks like I'll be having my ER on Monday. Good luck to you too! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"