Fell down stairs...

K123

Mum to James!
Reaction score
Managed to fall half way downstairs this morning. Banged my back, hips, and wrists but think just a bit of bruising. Very shaken by it though and really don't know what to do now. If it was my first pregnancy would probably be rushing to Dr but know I can't see anyone and be back home in time to pick up my son and also know there's probably nothing Dr will do anyway...

Any advice?

I would just keep a close eye on how you feel and if you start to get any cramping, dizziness, or just feel off, go get checked. I'm not sure if you're feeling baby move yet, but if you are, keep an eye on movements as well. Chances are, baby is fine, especially if there was no direct impact to your abdomen. I fell down the stairs last year and damaged my tailbone pretty good, so I have completely sympathy for how you feel right now. :hugs:

Thanks. Didn't bang my bump at all which was good - although I feel very silly for slipping in the first place...

I did this with dd2. She is fine, but it hurt loads.

As pp said-keep an eye on how your feeling. Look out for any increased discharge or pains. You should be ok. :hugs:

Glad you're alright, I bet you're sore:hugs: Keep an eye on yourself but as other ladies said - tummy didn't get bumped so everything should fine.

Still quite sore and my bottom is an impressive shade of black and blue :blush: but have felt a few flutters so think baby is doing just fine which is what matters. :thumbup:

Hope the bruising goes soon, but so glad baby has been wriggling around. We don't half worry about them, even before they are born.

I haven't fallen down the stairs but I slipped over in a shop when I was pregnant with ds1 can't remember how far along I was but I had a bump so I think I was about 25-30 weeks pregnant it hurt a lot but thankfully all was ok except a couple aches and pains like others have said just keep an eye on yourself if you feel ill or think something's wrong go a+e x

I fell a few weeks ago,a couple days before my prenatal. I was at work and was holding a baby, got off the couch, tripped on one of the cots, stubbed my toe and fell. I lightly tossed the baby on the bed next to me so he wouldn't hurt himself and then fell on my side. I wasn't worried, more pissed that I could do something so stupid. Went to the doctors a couple days later and was able to hear the heartbeat. I find I'm getting more clumsy ever day.

Not that I'm wishing bumps on anyone else, but it's kind of nice to know I'm not the only one doing silly things!

I think we are a bit prone to things like this when pregnant, something to do so with our centre of gravity shifting. I am glad to read you and bubs are okay X

Oh no! I hope the pain and brushing goes away soon, love. If you're feeling flutters, everything's probably okay :) I've been very very clumsy lately too.

Glad you're okay, just keep an eye on things :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->