Fell super hard yesterday

MyFavSurprise

Reaction score
I don't think I did any damage but I almost threw my 8 month old! It was awful. I went to step over the baby fence into the playpen and I am not sure what happened, I guess my foot caught and I couldn't stop myself at all, I did everything I could not to fall on top of my son, whom I was carrying, but he hit his head pretty hard on the rug, luckily not the wood laminate we have! I managed to land on my side next to him, but I couldn't catch myself at all, I am kind of crampy today I hope everything is okay :/ To be honest I hadn't really thought about it until today when I told my husband what happened. Do you have any idea what I should do? Should I just wait?

I would be weary. When I was 8 months pregnant with my first, I fell down about 4-6 steep, tall stairs. I managed to turn and land on my back, hard. I felt fine as well, a little bit crampy and three total, small, but painful cramps. I happened to have an appt the next day and was with my mom. The next day I felt fine, just one bit painful cramp after sex in the am. The appt was about over and i was getting ready to leave when my mom stopped me and said, "aren't you going to tell her about what happened??"

So the midwife decided to check me and found me 3cm dilated and 75% effaced. I was hospitalized over night, monitored and given a mag drip to stop the few contractions I was having, but not really feeling, steroid shots for the surfactant on the lungs and sent home the next day. I dilated over the next few weeks a couple extra cm and at 36+ weeks and some change they decided to induce me at 5cm bc I lived so far from home.

Just...be weary. I felt virtually fine!

Oh wow that's good to know, and scary. I have a scan on Monday, but I am really sore, I am going to call the Midwife on call just to see what she wants to do... the problem is I know they wont see me in labor and delivery and I may be looking at an all night wait at the emergency room...ugh.. I really dont want to do that, but I know they cant do anything before 24 weeks and I am only halfway there :/

Maybe I could work myself into an appointment for tomorrow instead.

MyFavSurprise do you know your blood group? If you are Rhesus negative you need to contact your midwife and be seen immediately even if feeling fine.

Hey, I slipped on our attic stairs when I was 20 weeks pregnant whils carrying my 18 month old little girl on my hip...I ended up sliding all the way down on my back :/ I was quite bruised and felt crampy afterwards, I spoke to the midwife steaight away and she just told me to keep an eye out for any bleeding and if the pains got worse to ring her back, she said she would have been more concerned if I had landed on my tummy and explained at that stage baby is well protected inside the womb...luckily I was fine, just keep an eye on yourself and ring your midwife for advice xx

I would still go get checked...better safe than sorry

I would call and see what they say. I fell one week before I had my 1st and they had me come in.

I dont think im Rhesus negative, that would be something I would have been told in other pregnancies, right?

I didn't end up calling or going in because sadly they wont do anything for me even if something was wrong.. I know because I went in to the ER last pregnancy because my, at the time, 4 year old jumped and landed right on my belly with his bony butt, and they just do the ultrasound and tell me it's a threatened miscarriage/abortion about 4 hrs later, and I follow up with my midwife..they wont see me themselves until 24 weeks.. but I will tell them when I go in for my scan on Monday. I have had no bleeding or real cramping so I am hopeful. Im overweight and hope the fat was even extra cushion :haha:

I fell at 5 weeks while carrying heavy furniture. I didn't have help and I was moving. I was super crampy and the next day the cramps got so bad I fell to the ground and was writhing in pain. I called my gyn in tears. She said not to worry especially if there wasn't bleeding. I booked a scan anyway. She said it wasn't necessary other than to calm me down lol. I went in and bub was fine. They aren't as delicate as we think. And even if you feel like you landed in a bad way, my gyn explained moms subconsciously avoid falling in harmful ways. That bub lived another 4 weeks and I lost it for completely unrelated issues.

So long story short unless you bleed heavily with intense pain, i would wait until Monday.

Thank you all :) Luckily everything was just fine, baby was bouncing as expected during our scan! If I had been further along I would have gone in to be seen in a heartbeat, but with no bleeding, baby so small, and nothing they can do I decided to wait it out. Just glad everything is okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->